1.19 release schedule?

brion at pobox

1.19 release schedule?

Is there a schedule for the 1.19 release?

It seems we're already rolling out 1.20 in production, so normally we'd
expect 1.19 to be done and out the door already. :)

-- brion

thehelpfulonewiki at gmail

Re: 1.19 release schedule? [In reply to]

On 17 April 2012 22:04, Brion Vibber <brion [at] pobox> wrote:

> Is there a schedule for the 1.19 release?
>
> It seems we're already rolling out 1.20 in production, so normally we'd
> expect 1.19 to be done and out the door already. :)
>
> -- brion

Is http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap#Deployment_schedule
what
you are looking for?

--
Thehelpfulone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone

brion at pobox

Re: 1.19 release schedule? [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Thehelpfulone <thehelpfulonewiki [at] gmail
> wrote:

> On 17 April 2012 22:04, Brion Vibber <brion [at] pobox> wrote:
>
> > Is there a schedule for the 1.19 release?
>
> Is
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap#Deployment_schedule
> what
> you are looking for?

Nope -- that covers when we pushed 1.19 onto the servers, which was already
done. The tarball release is still waiting.

I caught Robla on IRC yesterday and apparently things are a bit behind:
* there's a couple remaining bugs that need to be squished
* folks have been busy with other projects and haven't gotten to the
tarball release yet

but we should be catching up soonish.

-- brion

sumanah at wikimedia

Re: 1.19 release schedule? [In reply to]

On 04/19/2012 10:19 AM, Brion Vibber wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Thehelpfulone <thehelpfulonewiki [at] gmail
>> wrote:
>
>> On 17 April 2012 22:04, Brion Vibber <brion [at] pobox> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a schedule for the 1.19 release?
>>
>> Is
>> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap#Deployment_schedule
>> what
>> you are looking for?
>>

> Nope -- that covers when we pushed 1.19 onto the servers, which was already
> done. The tarball release is still waiting.
>
> I caught Robla on IRC yesterday and apparently things are a bit behind:
> * there's a couple remaining bugs that need to be squished
> * folks have been busy with other projects and haven't gotten to the
> tarball release yet
>
> but we should be catching up soonish.
>
> -- brion

Quick update:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap#Status

My understanding is that we just solved the last bug blocking the
release of the tarball for third-party administrators: a regression in
which users of Internet Explorer reading in right-to-left languages did
not see a toolbar. Therefore we aim to have a tarball release out by the
end of next week (27 April 2012), after concentrating on deploying
MediaWiki 1.20 to Wikimedia sites this week.

Incidentally, some folks are making efforts to update the status spaces
on those activity pages more often, as you can see at the Platform
Engineering hub page:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Platform_Engineering and at the
Features hub:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Features_engineering . You can
help:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering/Project_documentation_howto

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator

tfinc at wikimedia

Re: 1.19 release schedule? [In reply to]

> Incidentally, some folks are making efforts to update the status spaces
> on those activity pages more often, as you can see at the Platform
> Engineering hub page:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Platform_Engineering and at the
> Features hub:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Features_engineering .  You can