Chunked uploading API documentation; help wanted

brion at pobox

Chunked uploading API documentation; help wanted

I've started adding some documentation on chunked uploading via the API on
mediawiki.org:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Upload#Chunked_uploading

This info is based on watching UploadWizard at work, and may be incomplete
or misleading. :) So please feel free to hop in and help clean it up,
thanks! There also probably needs to be better information about stashed
uploads, which has some intersection with chunked (for instance -- is it
possible to do chunked upload without using the stash? Or are they required
together?)

-- brion

mdale at wikimedia

Re: Chunked uploading API documentation; help wanted [In reply to]

Thanks Brion ( and Erik ), for brining chunk uploading closer to
fruition. +Jan, Can you help out with documenting the api? I will take a
pass at it as well when I get a chance ;)

--michael

On 04/17/2012 03:37 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:
> I've started adding some documentation on chunked uploading via the API on
> mediawiki.org:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Upload#Chunked_uploading
>
> This info is based on watching UploadWizard at work, and may be incomplete
> or misleading. :) So please feel free to hop in and help clean it up,
> thanks! There also probably needs to be better information about stashed
> uploads, which has some intersection with chunked (for instance -- is it
> possible to do chunked upload without using the stash? Or are they required
> together?)
>
> -- brion

j at v2v

Re: Chunked uploading API documentation; help wanted [In reply to]

On 04/17/2012 10:37 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:
> I've started adding some documentation on chunked uploading via the API on
> mediawiki.org:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Upload#Chunked_uploading
looks good to me

> for instance -- is it
> possible to do chunked upload without using the stash? Or are they required
> together?
chunk upload requires stash since while the upload is happening, chunks
are stored in the stash, the chunks should never show up on the page.