Welcome Faidon Liambotis - our latest TechOps team member!

ctwoo at wikimedia

Welcome Faidon Liambotis - our latest TechOps team member!

Happy Monday.

Please join me to welcome our latest member (contractor) to the Operations
Engineering team, Faidon Liambotis. Faidon hails from Greece and he will
be working remotely out of Athens. His immediate work at WMF with Ryan,
Andrew and Sara is to enhance and deploy more services on the new WIkimedia
Labs platform <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMF_Projects/Wikimedia_Labs>.

Faidon comes with lots of experience and expertise in deploying and
operating large scale LAMP-stack technologies and virtualized environment
(such as KVM & Ganeti), as well as a strong background in network
administration.

In addition, he is a active contributor and promoter of open-source
software and the free culture movement. He is a volunteer with Debian since
2004 and became a member of the Debian Project since 2006. Recently, he was
appointed to the Debian Systems Administration Infrastructure team.

Prior to joining WMF, Faidon worked as a systems engineer at the Greek
Research and Technology Network (GRNET), the national research and
education network of Greece, since 2004.

When not working, Faidon likes to travel around the world and meeting
people.

Faidon is enroute from Athens to San francisco currently and will be in the
SFO office starting tomorrow (10th of April) to be orientated and to work
with Tech Ops team. In fact, he mentioned if he is not too tired from the
flight, he might be in the office late int he afternoon today! For those in
SF office, do drop by and meet him in person when you have a chance.

Thanks,
CT

sumanah at wikimedia

Re: Welcome Faidon Liambotis - our latest TechOps team member! [In reply to]

On 04/09/2012 12:47 PM, Ct Woo wrote:
> Happy Monday.
>
> Please join me to welcome our latest member (contractor) to the Operations
> Engineering team, Faidon Liambotis. Faidon hails from Greece and he will
> be working remotely out of Athens. His immediate work at WMF with Ryan,
> Andrew and Sara is to enhance and deploy more services on the new WIkimedia
> Labs platform <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMF_Projects/Wikimedia_Labs>.
>
> Faidon comes with lots of experience and expertise in deploying and
> operating large scale LAMP-stack technologies and virtualized environment
> (such as KVM & Ganeti), as well as a strong background in network
> administration.
>
> In addition, he is a active contributor and promoter of open-source
> software and the free culture movement. He is a volunteer with Debian since
> 2004 and became a member of the Debian Project since 2006. Recently, he was
> appointed to the Debian Systems Administration Infrastructure team.
>
> Prior to joining WMF, Faidon worked as a systems engineer at the Greek
> Research and Technology Network (GRNET), the national research and
> education network of Greece, since 2004.
>
> When not working, Faidon likes to travel around the world and meeting
> people.
>
> Faidon is enroute from Athens to San francisco currently and will be in the
> SFO office starting tomorrow (10th of April) to be orientated and to work
> with Tech Ops team. In fact, he mentioned if he is not too tired from the
> flight, he might be in the office late int he afternoon today! For those in
> SF office, do drop by and meet him in person when you have a chance.
>
> Thanks,
> CT

This is great! I'm looking forward to working with you, Faidon, and to
even more improvements in Labs.

(CC'ing the Labs mailing list.)

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator

rlane32 at gmail

Re: Welcome Faidon Liambotis - our latest TechOps team member! [In reply to]

Great to have you with us. I'm excited for us to get some awesome work
done in Labs!

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Ct Woo <ctwoo [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> Happy Monday.
>
> Please join me to welcome our latest member (contractor) to the Operations
> Engineering team, Faidon Liambotis.  Faidon hails from Greece and he will
> be working remotely out of Athens. His  immediate work  at WMF  with Ryan,
> Andrew and Sara is to enhance and deploy more services on the new WIkimedia
> Labs platform <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMF_Projects/Wikimedia_Labs>.
>
> Faidon comes with lots of experience and expertise in deploying and
> operating large scale LAMP-stack technologies and virtualized environment
> (such as KVM & Ganeti), as well as a strong background in network
> administration.
>
> In addition, he  is a active contributor and promoter of open-source
> software and the free culture movement. He is a volunteer with Debian since
> 2004 and became a member of the Debian Project since 2006. Recently, he was
> appointed to the Debian Systems Administration  Infrastructure team.
>
> Prior to joining WMF, Faidon worked as a systems engineer at the Greek
> Research and  Technology Network (GRNET), the national research and
> education network of Greece, since 2004.
>
> When not working, Faidon likes to  travel around the world and meeting
> people.
>
> Faidon is enroute from Athens to San francisco currently and will be in the
> SFO office starting tomorrow (10th of April) to be orientated and to work
> with Tech Ops team. In fact, he mentioned if he is not too tired from the
> flight, he might be in the office late int he afternoon today! For those in
> SF office, do drop by and meet him in person when you have a chance.
>
> Thanks,
> CT

Platonides at gmail

Re: Welcome Faidon Liambotis - our latest TechOps team member! [In reply to]

Welcome Faidon!
This doubles the number of greek speakers in staff!