Run batch actions on gerrit changesets from the command line with DippyBird

arichards at wikimedia

Mar 30, 2012, 4:49 PM

Run batch actions on gerrit changesets from the command line with DippyBird

I whipped together a php script this afternoon that allows you to make
arbitrary queries for Gerrit change sets, and then perform bulk actions on
the resulting change sets from the command line. Currently it only supports
doing a bulk 'submit' (with approve +2 and verify +1), but it won't take
much to add in other things (like abandon, verify, approve, etc). Take a
look and feel free to comment/make changes:

http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/gerrit-dippybird/dippy-bird.php

--
Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile

arichards at wikimedia

Mar 30, 2012, 5:01 PM

Re: Run batch actions on gerrit changesets from the command line with DippyBird [In reply to]

ps thanks to dave and patrick for the name!

--
Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile

innocentkiller at gmail

Mar 31, 2012, 1:51 AM

Re: Run batch actions on gerrit changesets from the command line with DippyBird [In reply to]

Minor nitpick: 'gerrit approve' is deprecated in favor of 'gerrit review'

-Chad
On Mar 30, 2012 7:50 PM, "Arthur Richards" <arichards [at] wikimedia> wrote:

> I whipped together a php script this afternoon that allows you to make
> arbitrary queries for Gerrit change sets, and then perform bulk actions on
> the resulting change sets from the command line. Currently it only supports
> doing a bulk 'submit' (with approve +2 and verify +1), but it won't take
> much to add in other things (like abandon, verify, approve, etc). Take a
> look and feel free to comment/make changes:
>

> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/gerrit-dippybird/dippy-bird.php
>
> --
> Arthur Richards
> Software Engineer, Mobile
> [[User:Awjrichards]]
> IRC: awjr
> +1-415-839-6885 x6687

arichards at wikimedia

Re: Run batch actions on gerrit changesets from the command line with DippyBird [In reply to]

Just spent some time updating dippy-bird. Now using 'gerrit review' (thanks
Chad) and now supports code review, abandon, submit, and restore operations
on changesets in gerrit.

This has already proved super handy for me when I've needed to do do a
bulk-abandon on changesets.

Take it for a spin, let me know what you think, make any changes you see
fit!

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:

> Minor nitpick: 'gerrit approve' is deprecated in favor of 'gerrit review'
>
> -Chad
> On Mar 30, 2012 7:50 PM, "Arthur Richards" <arichards [at] wikimedia>
> wrote:
>
> > I whipped together a php script this afternoon that allows you to make
> > arbitrary queries for Gerrit change sets, and then perform bulk actions
> on
> > the resulting change sets from the command line. Currently it only
> supports
> > doing a bulk 'submit' (with approve +2 and verify +1), but it won't take
> > much to add in other things (like abandon, verify, approve, etc). Take a
> > look and feel free to comment/make changes:
> >

> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/gerrit-dippybird/dippy-bird.php
> >
> > --
> > Arthur Richards
> > Software Engineer, Mobile
> > [[User:Awjrichards]]
> > IRC: awjr
> > +1-415-839-6885 x6687

Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile
[[User:Awjrichards]]
IRC: awjr
+1-415-839-6885 x6687

preilly at wikimedia

Re: Run batch actions on gerrit changesets from the command line with DippyBird [In reply to]

Awesome work Arthur!

Patrick

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Arthur Richards
<arichards [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> Just spent some time updating dippy-bird. Now using 'gerrit review' (thanks
> Chad) and now supports code review, abandon, submit, and restore operations
> on changesets in gerrit.
>
> This has already proved super handy for me when I've needed to do do a
> bulk-abandon on changesets.
>
> Take it for a spin, let me know what you think, make any changes you see
> fit!
>
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/gerrit-dippybird/dippy-bird.php
>
> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> Minor nitpick: 'gerrit approve' is deprecated in favor of 'gerrit review'
>>
>> -Chad
>> On Mar 30, 2012 7:50 PM, "Arthur Richards" <arichards [at] wikimedia>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I whipped together a php script this afternoon that allows you to make
>> > arbitrary queries for Gerrit change sets, and then perform bulk actions
>> on
>> > the resulting change sets from the command line. Currently it only
>> supports
>> > doing a bulk 'submit' (with approve +2 and verify +1), but it won't take
>> > much to add in other things (like abandon, verify, approve, etc). Take a
>> > look and feel free to comment/make changes:
>> >

>> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/gerrit-dippybird/dippy-bird.php
>> >
>> > --
>> > Arthur Richards
>> > Software Engineer, Mobile
>> > [[User:Awjrichards]]
>> > IRC: awjr
>> > +1-415-839-6885 x6687

> Arthur Richards
> Software Engineer, Mobile
> [[User:Awjrichards]]
> IRC: awjr
> +1-415-839-6885 x6687

hashar+wmf at free

Re: Run batch actions on gerrit changesets from the command line with DippyBird [In reply to]

Le 14/04/12 02:32, Arthur Richards wrote:
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/gerrit-dippybird/

Next step : migrate that script to git :-]

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso