Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: Wikitech

upgrade to 1.18.2 with git

 

 

Wikipedia wikitech RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


john at phillyrd

Mar 23, 2012, 10:14 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1194 views)
Permalink
upgrade to 1.18.2 with git

I followed the instruction in the announcement email:

"To do a simple Git clone, the command is:
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/p/mediawiki/core.git"

however this gives me version 1.20alpha.

'git branch' shows no branches other than master.

I can't find any documentation at mediawiki.org

do I need to clone a different repository?

~~John Laurino


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


innocentkiller at gmail

Mar 23, 2012, 10:30 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1161 views)
Permalink
Re: upgrade to 1.18.2 with git [In reply to]

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 1:14 PM, <john [at] phillyrd> wrote:
> I followed the instruction in the announcement email:
>
> "To do a simple Git clone, the command is:
> git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/p/mediawiki/core.git"
>
> however this gives me version 1.20alpha.
>
> 'git branch' shows no branches other than master.
>

`git branch -r` will show you all of the remote branches.

To checkout the 1.18 branch, you'd then do
`git checkout origin/REL1_18`

-Chad

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


hashar+wmf at free

Mar 23, 2012, 1:44 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1170 views)
Permalink
Re: upgrade to 1.18.2 with git [In reply to]

March 23 2012 18:30, Chad wrote:
> `git branch -r` will show you all of the remote branches.
>
> To checkout the 1.18 branch, you'd then do
> `git checkout origin/REL1_18`

One can get a list of tag with `git tag -l`

Sorted with `git tag -l | sort -n -t. -k1 -k2 -k3`


--
Antoine "hashar" Musso


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


jeremy at tuxmachine

Mar 23, 2012, 1:55 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1165 views)
Permalink
Re: upgrade to 1.18.2 with git [In reply to]

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 16:44, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf [at] free> wrote:
> March 23 2012 18:30, Chad wrote:
>> `git branch -r` will show you all of the remote branches.
>>
>> To checkout the 1.18 branch, you'd then do
>> `git checkout origin/REL1_18`
>
> One can get a list of tag with `git tag -l`
>
> Sorted with `git tag -l | sort -n -t. -k1 -k2 -k3`

better ordering: `git tag -l | sort -V`

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


arichards at wikimedia

Mar 23, 2012, 3:54 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1164 views)
Permalink
Re: upgrade to 1.18.2 with git [In reply to]

I've started filling out the 'install from git' page on mediawiki.org with
some of this information:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download_from_Git

Of course, be bold and add to it as you see fit.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Jeremy Baron <jeremy [at] tuxmachine> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 16:44, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf [at] free> wrote:
> > March 23 2012 18:30, Chad wrote:
> >> `git branch -r` will show you all of the remote branches.
> >>
> >> To checkout the 1.18 branch, you'd then do
> >> `git checkout origin/REL1_18`
> >
> > One can get a list of tag with `git tag -l`
> >
> > Sorted with `git tag -l | sort -n -t. -k1 -k2 -k3`
>
> better ordering: `git tag -l | sort -V`
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> Wikitech-l [at] lists
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>



--
Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile
[[User:Awjrichards]]
IRC: awjr
+1-415-839-6885 x6687
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


hashar+wmf at free

Mar 24, 2012, 12:26 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1168 views)
Permalink
Re: upgrade to 1.18.2 with git [In reply to]

Jeremy Baron wrote:
> better ordering: `git tag -l | sort -V`

Version sort, that is a great idea from the GNU folks. Unfortunately not
part of the BSD version I am using.
Thanks for sharing this tip :-]

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso




_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l

Wikipedia wikitech RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.