"Download from Git" in sidebar?

maxsem.wiki at gmail

Mar 22, 2012, 1:34 AM

"Download from Git" in sidebar?

I've removed "Download from SVN" link from mw.org sidebar. Any
suggestions on its replacement? Should it point to [[Git/Worfklow]] or
a separate page is needed? Also, there are more SVN-related links in
the sidebar, but I left them untouched for now as they're useful and
we don't have replacements for them.

--
Best regards,
Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])

hashar+wmf at free

Mar 22, 2012, 6:01 AM

Re: "Download from Git" in sidebar? [In reply to]

Le 22/03/12 09:34, Max Semenik a écrit :
> I've removed "Download from SVN" link from mw.org sidebar. Any
> suggestions on its replacement? Should it point to [[Git/Worfklow]] or
> a separate page is needed? Also, there are more SVN-related links in
> the sidebar, but I left them untouched for now as they're useful and
> we don't have replacements for them.

We could provide a link to Gitweb interface interface, maybe want to
name that one "Browse git":

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/gitweb/mediawiki/core.git

Or point to the Gitweb link that let you generates a snapshot:

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/gitweb?p=mediawiki/core.git;a=snapshot;h=HEAD;sf=tgz

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso