Experiences with Word-to-Wiki converter framework

mail at tgries

Mar 4, 2012, 7:19 AM

Experiences with Word-to-Wiki converter framework

RE:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tools/Editing_tools#From_Microsoft_Word_or_OpenOffice

Can someone report his/her experiences with the Word-to-Wiki converters

1.
http://blog.larsstrand.org/2010/12/convert-word-documents-with-pictures-to.html
and https://github.com/mhagander/word2mediawiki/
2. the Microsoft Converter for Word2007+
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=8e519637-afb0-4134-a91f-7b0ebea8d933

Tom
Attachments: signature.asc (0.48 KB)

amir.aharoni at mail

Mar 4, 2012, 7:24 AM

Re: Experiences with Word-to-Wiki converter framework [In reply to]

I couldn't make the Microsoft Word plug in work, but YMMV.

Export from LibreOffice works reasonably well. It adds some
unnecessary HTML in some cases, but other than it's quite useful.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬