1.19 deployment date

wikiposta at gmail

Feb 28, 2012, 12:32 AM

1.19 deployment date

Hi,

You write on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap:

> Wednesday, March 1 (-2), 23:00-03:00 UTC (3pm-7pm PST):

Stage 5 deployment to:

- All Wikipedia sites

Do you mean Wednesday, Feb 29, or Thursday, March 1? :-)

--
Bináris

samat78 at gmail

Feb 28, 2012, 12:46 AM

Re: 1.19 deployment date [In reply to]

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 09:32, Bináris <wikiposta [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You write on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap:
>
> > Wednesday, March 1 (-2), 23:00-03:00 UTC (3pm-7pm PST):
>
> Stage 5 deployment to:
>
> - All Wikipedia sites
>
> Do you mean Wednesday, Feb 29, or Thursday, March 1? :-)

:-)

Samat

Platonides at gmail

Feb 28, 2012, 8:03 AM

Re: 1.19 deployment date [In reply to]

On 28/02/12 09:32, Bináris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You write on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap:
>> Wednesday, March 1 (-2), 23:00-03:00 UTC (3pm-7pm PST):
>
> Stage 5 deployment to:
> - All Wikipedia sites
>
> Do you mean Wednesday, Feb 29, or Thursday, March 1? :-)

Seems RobLa doesn't implement leap-year logic :)

Given that such date comes from shifting one week February 22, I think
that's 29th of February.

https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap&diff=prev&oldid=490559

robla at wikimedia

Feb 28, 2012, 8:33 AM

Re: 1.19 deployment date [In reply to]

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Platonides <Platonides [at] gmail> wrote:
> On 28/02/12 09:32, Bináris wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> You write on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap:
>>> Wednesday, March 1 (-2), 23:00-03:00 UTC (3pm-7pm PST):
>>
>> Stage 5 deployment to:
>>    - All Wikipedia sites
>>
>> Do you mean Wednesday, Feb 29, or Thursday, March 1? :-)
>
> Seems RobLa doesn't implement leap-year logic :)
>
> Given that such date comes from shifting one week February 22, I think
> that's 29th of February.
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap&diff=prev&oldid=490559

Oops, fixed now:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap

I had fixed it here:
http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/view/Software_deployments

...and thought I fixed it on the Roadmap as well, but I guess not.

The "Software deployments" page on wikitech gets a weekly editing pass
by the tech management team, and is considered the source of truth in
the event there are multiple conflicting statements on dates.

Rob

helder.wiki at gmail

Feb 28, 2012, 9:52 AM

Re: 1.19 deployment date [In reply to]

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 13:33, Rob Lanphier <robla [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> The "Software deployments" page on wikitech gets a weekly editing pass
> by the tech management team, and is considered the source of truth in
> the event there are multiple conflicting statements on dates.

Unfortunately only people which have an account there are able to add
that page to their watchlist...

Helder