robla at wikimedia
Feb 19, 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #1 of 1
Latest look at the 1.19 deployment blockers
We have a lot of issues to get through before pushing MediaWiki 1.19
out to commons on Tuesday afternoon (late Tuesday/early Wednesday UTC)
issues cropping up. Additionally, there's one logging bug that's
really causing problems for vandalism patrol. More below:
Newly added as blockers:
* Bug 34508: [Regression] IRC string output for log messages no longer
Krinkle started looking into this one, and Nikerabbit chimed in.
This one can't be fixed until a bot author helps narrow down what the
important change was. Right now, there's more heat than light on this
* Bug 34510: monobook toolbar or vector with old toolbar not setup randomly
Recently reported. RobLa has some irresponsible speculation on this
bug, but this hasn't had a hard look yet.
* Bug 34517: Sometimes scripts imported by mw.loader.load on common.js
are not executed
* Bug 34495: patrol log credit the user patrolled, not the user patrolling
* Bug 34478: Special:MergeAccount&action=submit generates error
We've seen a couple of cases of this now. This may be related to
trying to merge an account on a 1.19 wiki with one on a 1.18 wiki.
* Bug 34504: [Regression] There should not be a mismatch between html
and stylesheet version
Krinkle says: "This is what was causing the "Jump to navigation"
links to appear on cached
pages after the 1.19 roll-out. "
* Bug 34373: populateRevisionSha1.php misses archive rows, whose text
is stored directly in the archive table (not text table)
This one was recently reopened
tabbing issues, multiple browsers)
See RobLa's note to wikitech-l
Andrew fixed the issue with the collapsible sidebar not working as
expected. There are other issues in this bug that still need to be
* Bug 34469: (un)watch button broken
This appears to be fixed for debug mode. Still reliably busted in
debug mode. The latest speculation is that this is a cross-domain
in debug mode.
* Bug 34421: mutiple headers
Hashar has adapted a patch from Krenair, and checked this into
trunk. Still needs to be merged and deployed.
* Bug 34458: Editing fails in IE7
We believe this only happens on meta.wikimedia.org, and is caused by
common.js there. This may have also been a problem on 1.18.
* Bug 34409: 'mw.user.options' and 'mw.user.tokens' are sometimes
empty on 1.19, breaking watchlist, gadgets, etc.
We think this one is dead.
For the very latest in BZ, run this query:
This status pad is being updated here:
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists