1.19 post-deployment bugs

mhershberger at wikimedia

Feb 17, 2012, 6:57 PM

1.19 post-deployment bugs

With this rollout, we've been watching the Village Pumps on various
projects and trying to work with people who are active on the projects
and, in the process, we've come up with some bugs that we'd like to get
fixed before we deploy to Commons on Tuesday (see
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.19/Roadmap#Deployment_schedule)

In order of priority:

* Bug 34409: 'mw.user.options' and 'mw.user.tokens' are sometimes empty
on 1.19, breaking watchlist, gadgets, etc.
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/34409

Roan tried to fix this one (r111695) but the problem still shows up.

Erik writes:

Consistent reproduction is hard (in some user sessions, seemingly
impossible, with others, continually appearing), suggesting a bug
that's triggered under certain timing conditions.

* Bug 34469: (un)watch button broken
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/34469

Robla's summary is thorough, but here is the gist:

The common denominator when this fails is that mw.user.options fails
to load, which is easily confirmed by calling mw.user.options.get()
from the javascript console. This gets back to our old friend, bug
34409, which is a much bigger problem than just watchlists.

* Bug 34450: Probable Javascript loading issues (navigation and tabbing
issues, multiple browsers) https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/34450

See RobLa's note to wikitech-l
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/58858

Andrew Garrett has fixed at least part of this issue, but some work
remains.

* Bug 34458: Editing fails in IE7
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/34458

This is has evidently been around a while so we don't *need* to block
any deployments, but it would be nice to fix it

* Bug 34421: mutiple headers in email from UserMailer
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/34421

I plan on fixing this by Monday (since I caused it). Antoine, though,
has done a lot of work tracking it down, though, and beat me to it.
Or you, reading this, could.

Most of the other bugs we found were rapidly dealt with.

Happy Hacking!

Mark

hashar+wmf at free

Feb 20, 2012, 1:39 AM

Re: 1.19 post-deployment bugs [In reply to]

Le 18/02/12 03:57, Mark A. Hershberger write:
> * Bug 34421: mutiple headers in email from UserMailer
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/34421
>
> I plan on fixing this by Monday (since I caused it). Antoine, though,
> has done a lot of work tracking it down, though, and beat me to it.
> Or you, reading this, could.

I have indeed fixed the issue. Aaron reviewed the change on sunday and I
will most probably deploys it this afternoon (European time).

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso

brion at pobox

Feb 21, 2012, 10:32 AM

Re: 1.19 post-deployment bugs [In reply to]

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Mark A. Hershberger <
mhershberger [at] wikimedia> wrote:

> * Bug 34458: Editing fails in IE7
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/34458
>
> This is has evidently been around a while so we don't *need* to block
> any deployments, but it would be nice to fix it

This doesn't appear to actually block editing that I can tell; I get a JS
error when the page loads but can still edit just fine (on meta where it's
been reported to be an issue).

-- brion