Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: Wikitech

Secure.w.o in js on wiki sites

 

 

Wikipedia wikitech RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


mhershberger at wikimedia

Feb 16, 2012, 7:44 PM

Post #1 of 7 (426 views)
Permalink
Secure.w.o in js on wiki sites

Today, secure.wikimedia.org was offline for a bit and, in my tour of
Village Pumps after the rollout of 1.19, I saw some problem reports that
were the result of secure.w.o but were mistakenly attributed to 1.19.

Using Google, I found several instances refering to secure.w.o. I can't
fix these, but maybe some of you guys can.

** https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
** https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-TemplatePreloader.js
** https://es.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
** https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
** https://jv.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
** https://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-iw-links.js
** https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
** https://ru.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-urldecoder.js
** https://vi.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
** https://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js

Thanks,

Mark.

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


arkanosis at gmail

Feb 17, 2012, 4:47 AM

Post #2 of 7 (416 views)
Permalink
Re: Secure.w.o in js on wiki sites [In reply to]

Hi Mark,

2012/2/17 Mark A. Hershberger <mhershberger [at] wikimedia>:
> Today, secure.wikimedia.org was offline for a bit and, in my tour of
> Village Pumps after the rollout of 1.19, I saw some problem reports that
> were the result of secure.w.o but were mistakenly attributed to 1.19.
>
> Using Google, I found several instances refering to secure.w.o.  I can't
> fix these, but maybe some of you guys can.
>
> ** https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js

The reference in this script is still useful for people that continue
to use s.w.o; it shouldn't break anything even if s.w.o is down.

What about a 301 redirect from s.w.o to the new URLs so that we can
clean up all the references to s.w.o without breaking anything?

Best regards,

--
Jérémie

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


arkanosis at gmail

Feb 17, 2012, 4:51 AM

Post #3 of 7 (411 views)
Permalink
Re: Secure.w.o in js on wiki sites [In reply to]

2012/2/17 Jérémie Roquet <arkanosis [at] gmail>:
> What about a 301 redirect from s.w.o to the new URLs so that we can
> clean up all the references to s.w.o without breaking anything?

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31563 :-)

--
Jérémie

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


a.d.bergi at web

Feb 17, 2012, 5:36 AM

Post #4 of 7 (412 views)
Permalink
Re: Secure.w.o in js on wiki sites [In reply to]

Mark A. Hershberger schrieb:
>
> Using Google, I found several instances refering to secure.w.o. I can't
> fix these, but maybe some of you guys can.
>
> ** https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js

The reference is used only for people that use s.w.o. But we already
have a script in preparation to be used for everyone, normalising any
hyperlinks to wmf projects regardless of wgServer.

Bergi

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


hashar+wmf at free

Feb 23, 2012, 12:42 PM

Post #5 of 7 (388 views)
Permalink
Re: Secure.w.o in js on wiki sites [In reply to]

Le 17/02/12 13:47, Jérémie Roquet a écrit :
> The reference in this script is still useful for people that continue
> to use s.w.o; it shouldn't break anything even if s.w.o is down.
>
> What about a 301 redirect from s.w.o to the new URLs so that we can
> clean up all the references to s.w.o without breaking anything?

We really should, personally want, stop using the secure.wikimedia.org
domain. Any occurence should be replaced on sight :-)

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


krinklemail at gmail

Feb 27, 2012, 8:12 PM

Post #6 of 7 (385 views)
Permalink
Re: Secure.w.o in js on wiki sites [In reply to]

On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:44 AM, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

> Today, secure.wikimedia.org was offline for a bit and, in my tour of
> Village Pumps after the rollout of 1.19, I saw some problem reports that
> were the result of secure.w.o but were mistakenly attributed to 1.19.
>
> Using Google, I found several instances refering to secure.w.o. I can't
> fix these, but maybe some of you guys can.
>
> ** https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
> ** https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-TemplatePreloader.js
> ** https://es.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
> ** https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
> ** https://jv.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
> ** https://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-iw-links.js
> ** https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
> ** https://ru.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-urldecoder.js
> ** https://vi.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js
> ** https://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js

These have all been taken care of now.

Either
* the redundant code removed
* the fix adjusted/merged with the protocol-relative url case.
* Or some were left alone if they were specifically targetting
secure.wikimedia.org and are fine doing so as long as the other case is
protocol-relative.

-- Krinkle


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l


arkanosis at gmail

Mar 9, 2012, 1:37 AM

Post #7 of 7 (358 views)
Permalink
Re: Secure.w.o in js on wiki sites [In reply to]

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

2012/2/23 Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf [at] free>:
> Le 17/02/12 13:47, Jérémie Roquet a écrit :
>> The reference in this script is still useful for people that continue
>> to use s.w.o; it shouldn't break anything even if s.w.o is down.
>>
>> What about a 301 redirect from s.w.o to the new URLs so that we can
>> clean up all the references to s.w.o without breaking anything?
>
> We really should, personally want, stop using the secure.wikimedia.org
> domain.

Sure, that's exactly why I suggest we redirect s.w.o to the new URLs.

> Any occurence should be replaced on sight :-)

As long as we still provide s.w.o, it seems to me that we shouldn't
make it less secure.

Best regards,

--
Jérémie

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l

Wikipedia wikitech RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.