Final Google Summer of Code 2011 roundup

sumanah at wikimedia

Sep 22, 2011, 6:42 PM

Final Google Summer of Code 2011 roundup

http://blog.wikimedia.org/2011/09/22/gsoc-students-reach-project-milestones/

Yuvi, Akshay, and Kevin still need some code review and discussion to
ensure their code gets to deploy quality. Please help them out if
you're not currently in the midst of the 1.18 deployment rush.

7/8 of our students passed, all the WMF-related projects are somewhere
on the road to being merged and deployed, and every single student said
that their mentors were great and they've learned a lot. Thanks to all
the students, mentors, and other community members who made this a
pretty darn successful Summer of Code.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator

neilk at wikimedia

Sep 22, 2011, 7:19 PM

Re: Final Google Summer of Code 2011 roundup [In reply to]

To be clear -- I and others have reviewed Kevin's ArchiveLinks project
fully, but it hasn't gone through a security review. Considering that it
hooks into page rendering of links, we have to be extra extra careful.

And there are some cleanups I think that ought to preceed any deploy to
Wikimedia projects.

On 9/22/11 6:42 PM, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2011/09/22/gsoc-students-reach-project-milestones/
>
> Yuvi, Akshay, and Kevin still need some code review and discussion to
> ensure their code gets to deploy quality. Please help them out if
> you're not currently in the midst of the 1.18 deployment rush.
>
> 7/8 of our students passed, all the WMF-related projects are somewhere
> on the road to being merged and deployed, and every single student said
> that their mentors were great and they've learned a lot. Thanks to all
> the students, mentors, and other community members who made this a
> pretty darn successful Summer of Code.

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar ( <neilk [at] wikimedia>