New Employee Announcement - Jeff Green

ctwoo at wikimedia

Jun 30, 2011, 2:31 PM

New Employee Announcement - Jeff Green

All,

Please join me to welcome Jeff Green to Wikimedia Foundation.

Jeff is taking up the Special Ops position in the Tech Ops department where
one of his responsibilities is to keep our Fundraising infrastructure
secured, in compliance with regulation, scalable and highly available. Jeff
comes with strong systems operation background especially in scaling
and building highly secured infrastructure. He hails from Craiglist where he
started as their first system administrator and served as their lead system
administrator as well as their Operations manager, most of his tenure
there.

When not working, Jeff likes cycling, playing music, and building stuff. He
is a proud father of two young kids and a lucky husband. He and his family
will be moving back to Massachusetts this August. Please drop by next week
to the 3rd floor to welcome him. For those who have already met him earlier,
do come by as well to see the new 'ponytailess' Jeff ;-)

Thanks,
CT

arichards at wikimedia

Jun 30, 2011, 2:37 PM

Re: New Employee Announcement - Jeff Green [In reply to]

Welcome Jeff, the fundraising team is hella excited to have you.

--
Arthur Richards
Software Engineer

afeldman at wikimedia

Jun 30, 2011, 2:37 PM

Re: New Employee Announcement - Jeff Green [In reply to]

Woo! Looking forward to working with you, Jeff!

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM, CT Woo <ctwoo [at] wikimedia> wrote:

> All,
>
> Please join me to welcome Jeff Green to Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> Jeff is taking up the Special Ops position in the Tech Ops department where
> one of his responsibilities is to keep our Fundraising infrastructure
> secured, in compliance with regulation, scalable and highly available. Jeff
> comes with strong systems operation background especially in scaling
> and building highly secured infrastructure. He hails from Craiglist where he
> started as their first system administrator and served as their lead system
> administrator as well as their Operations manager, most of his tenure
> there.
>
> When not working, Jeff likes cycling, playing music, and building stuff. He
> is a proud father of two young kids and a lucky husband. He and his family
> will be moving back to Massachusetts this August. Please drop by next week
> to the 3rd floor to welcome him. For those who have already met him earlier,
> do come by as well to see the new 'ponytailess' Jeff ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> CT

erik at wikimedia

Jun 30, 2011, 2:42 PM

Re: New Employee Announcement - Jeff Green [In reply to]

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:19 PM, CT Woo <ctwoo [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> Please join me to welcome Jeff Green to Wikimedia Foundation.
> Jeff is taking up the Special Ops position in the Tech Ops department where
> one of his responsibilities is to keep our Fundraising infrastructure
> secured, in compliance with regulation, scalable and highly available. Jeff
> comes with strong systems operation background especially in scaling
> and building highly secured infrastructure. He hails from Craiglist where he
> started as their first system administrator and served as their lead system
> administrator as well as their Operations manager, most of his tenure
> there.

Welcome to the team! :-)

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation

rlane32 at gmail

Jun 30, 2011, 2:49 PM

Re: New Employee Announcement - Jeff Green [In reply to]

Really great to have you on the team. Looking forward to working with you!

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:31 PM, CT Woo <ctwoo [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> All,
>
> Please join me to welcome Jeff Green to Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> Jeff is taking up the Special Ops position in the Tech Ops department where
> one of his responsibilities is to keep our Fundraising infrastructure
> secured, in compliance with regulation, scalable and highly available. Jeff
> comes with strong systems operation background especially in scaling
> and building highly secured infrastructure. He hails from Craiglist where he
> started as their first system administrator and served as their lead system
> administrator as well as their Operations manager, most of his tenure
> there.
>
> When not working, Jeff likes cycling, playing music, and building stuff. He
> is a proud father of two young kids and a lucky husband. He and his family
> will be moving back to Massachusetts this August. Please drop by next week
> to the 3rd floor to welcome him. For those who have already met him earlier,
> do come by as well to see the new 'ponytailess' Jeff ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> CT

roan.kattouw at gmail

Jun 30, 2011, 2:55 PM

Re: New Employee Announcement - Jeff Green [In reply to]

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:19 PM, CT Woo <ctwoo [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> All,
> Please join me to welcome Jeff Green to Wikimedia Foundation.
Welcome! Yay ops!

> He and his family
> will be moving back to Massachusetts this August.
Is this a typo or is Jeff really taking a job in SF and moving to the
other side of the country a month later?

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

aschulz4587 at gmail

Jun 30, 2011, 10:49 PM

Re: New Employee Announcement - Jeff Green [In reply to]

Congrats! "Special Ops" sounds cool by the way ;)

CT Woo wrote:

> All,
>
> Please join me to welcome Jeff Green to Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> Jeff is taking up the Special Ops position in the Tech Ops department
> where
> one of his responsibilities is to keep our Fundraising infrastructure
> secured, in compliance with regulation, scalable and highly available.
> Jeff
> comes with strong systems operation background especially in scaling
> and building highly secured infrastructure. He hails from Craiglist where
> he
> started as their first system administrator and served as their lead
> system
> administrator as well as their Operations manager, most of his tenure
> there.
>
> When not working, Jeff likes cycling, playing music, and building stuff.
> He
> is a proud father of two young kids and a lucky husband. He and his family
> will be moving back to Massachusetts this August. Please drop by next week
> to the 3rd floor to welcome him. For those who have already met him
> earlier,
> do come by as well to see the new 'ponytailess' Jeff ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> CT

alolita.sharma at gmail

Jun 30, 2011, 10:55 PM

Re: New Employee Announcement - Jeff Green [In reply to]

Welcome Jeff! "Special Ops" sounds way cool :-)

Alolita