Weekend Sprint wrap-up, RC1 by this Friday

mhershberger at wikimedia

Mar 28, 2011, 1:24 PM

Weekend Sprint wrap-up, RC1 by this Friday

Thanks to those who have been working on these bugs. Brion has done an
awesome job of closing out most of the known installer issues, for which
I am extremely thankful.

Also, following Brion's suggestion that we not make PostgreSQL a tarball
blocker and the consensus of IRC participants, we're going to push PG
support to 1.17.1. We want it to work, but not enough to hold up a
release. If fixes come in for the Pg bugs soon enough, then support for
it will be included in the 1.17 release. Otherwise, we're not going to
sweat it.

Following the weekend sprint, a little blocker pruning, and consulting
with Robla and Chad, I'm pleased to announce that Chad will be pushing
the first 1.17 Release Candidate by this Friday.

With the release candidate, we should get more testing and exposure.
Maybe we'll find someone with the motivation to fix some bugs, too!

Happy Hacking!

Mark.

bryan.tongminh at gmail

Mar 29, 2011, 2:21 AM

Re: Weekend Sprint wrap-up, RC1 by this Friday [In reply to]

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Mark A. Hershberger
<mhershberger [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> Following the weekend sprint, a little blocker pruning, and consulting
> with Robla and Chad, I'm pleased to announce that Chad will be pushing
> the first 1.17 Release Candidate by this Friday.

Great work, Mark and everybody else who contributed to code review!

Bryan