Registration open for the Hackathon in Berlin, May 13-15

daniel at brightbyte

Mar 11, 2011, 2:10 AM

Registration open for the Hackathon in Berlin, May 13-15

Hi all!

Wikimedia Germany invites anyone interested in improving MediaWiki to come and
join us at or third developer meet-up. Like the last two years, it's going to be
awesome! Unlike the last two years, there will be more hacking and less talking
- it'll be a Hackathon, not a BarCamp.

We'll meet on May 13 to 15, in Berlin, on the 4th floor of the betahaus
coworking space <http://betahaus.de/>.

There will not be an entrance fee, but registration is mandatory and now open:

<http://de.amiando.com/hackathon2011>.

Registration will close on April 10. If you like to attend, please register in
time!

More information can be found at

<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Berlin_Hackathon_2011>.

The Berlin Hackathon 2011 is an opportunity for MediaWiki hackers to come
together, squash bugs and write crazy new features. Our main focus this time
around will probably be:

* Improving usability / accessibility
* Interactive Maps
* Fixing the parser
* WMF Ops (new data center, virtualization)
* Supporting the Wiki Loves Monuments image hunt
* Squashing bugs

If you have different ideas, please let us know:

<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Berlin_Hackathon_2011#Topics>

The Hackathon will be hosting the Language committee and Wiki loves Monuments
group. There is a limited number of seats reserved for these groups and if you
belong to one of them, you should receive an invitation code soon.

If you have any doubts or questions, contact us at <hackathon [at] wikimedia>.

We’re excited to see you in Berlin, your Hackathon Team

Daniel Kinzler (Program Coordinator)
Nicole Ebber (Logistics)
Cornelius Kibelka (Assistant)

daniel at brightbyte

Mar 10, 2011, 10:15 AM

Re: Registration open for the Hackathon in Berlin, May 13-15 [In reply to]

On 03/11/2011 05:10 AM, Daniel Kinzler wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Wikimedia Germany invites anyone interested in improving MediaWiki to come and
> join us at or third developer meet-up. Like the last two years, it's going to be
> awesome! Unlike the last two years, there will be more hacking and less talking
> - it'll be a Hackathon, not a BarCamp.
>
> We'll meet on May 13 to 15, in Berlin, on the 4th floor of the betahaus
> coworking space<http://betahaus.de/>.
>
> There will not be an entrance fee, but registration is mandatory and now open:
>
> <http://de.amiando.com/hackathon2011>.
>
> Registration will close on April 10. If you like to attend, please register in
> time!
>
> More information can be found at
>
> <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Berlin_Hackathon_2011>.
>
> The Berlin Hackathon 2011 is an opportunity for MediaWiki hackers to come
> together, squash bugs and write crazy new features. Our main focus this time
> around will probably be:
>
> * Improving usability / accessibility
> * Interactive Maps
> * Fixing the parser
> * WMF Ops (new data center, virtualization)
> * Supporting the Wiki Loves Monuments image hunt
> * Squashing bugs
>
> If you have different ideas, please let us know:
>
> <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Berlin_Hackathon_2011#Topics>
>
> The Hackathon will be hosting the Language committee and Wiki loves Monuments
> group. There is a limited number of seats reserved for these groups and if you
> belong to one of them, you should receive an invitation code soon.
>
> If you have any doubts or questions, contact us at<hackathon [at] wikimedia>.
>
> We’re excited to see you in Berlin, your Hackathon Team
>
> Daniel Kinzler (Program Coordinator)
> Nicole Ebber (Logistics)
> Cornelius Kibelka (Assistant)

This is a reminder. Just one more day to register. Please do!

-Sumana Harihareswara, helping organize the Berlin hackathon from the
WMF side

neilk at wikimedia

Re: Registration open for the Hackathon in Berlin, May 13-15 [In reply to]

I assume those of us who thought they registered via the WMF (but
apparently didn't) don't need to do anything?

On 4/9/11 2:48 AM, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
> On 03/11/2011 05:10 AM, Daniel Kinzler wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Wikimedia Germany invites anyone interested in improving MediaWiki to come and
>> join us at or third developer meet-up. Like the last two years, it's going to be
>> awesome! Unlike the last two years, there will be more hacking and less talking
>> - it'll be a Hackathon, not a BarCamp.
>>
>> We'll meet on May 13 to 15, in Berlin, on the 4th floor of the betahaus
>> coworking space<http://betahaus.de/>.
>>
>> There will not be an entrance fee, but registration is mandatory and now open:
>>
>> <http://de.amiando.com/hackathon2011>.
>>
>> Registration will close on April 10. If you like to attend, please register in
>> time!
>>
>> More information can be found at
>>
>> <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Berlin_Hackathon_2011>.
>>
>> The Berlin Hackathon 2011 is an opportunity for MediaWiki hackers to come
>> together, squash bugs and write crazy new features. Our main focus this time
>> around will probably be:
>>
>> * Improving usability / accessibility
>> * Interactive Maps
>> * Fixing the parser
>> * WMF Ops (new data center, virtualization)
>> * Supporting the Wiki Loves Monuments image hunt
>> * Squashing bugs
>>
>> If you have different ideas, please let us know:
>>
>> <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Berlin_Hackathon_2011#Topics>
>>
>> The Hackathon will be hosting the Language committee and Wiki loves Monuments
>> group. There is a limited number of seats reserved for these groups and if you
>> belong to one of them, you should receive an invitation code soon.
>>
>> If you have any doubts or questions, contact us at<hackathon [at] wikimedia>.
>>
>> We’re excited to see you in Berlin, your Hackathon Team
>>
>> Daniel Kinzler (Program Coordinator)
>> Nicole Ebber (Logistics)
>> Cornelius Kibelka (Assistant)
>
> This is a reminder. Just one more day to register. Please do!
>
> -Sumana Harihareswara, helping organize the Berlin hackathon from the
> WMF side

Neil Kandalgaonkar ) <neilk [at] wikimedia>

sumanah at panix

Re: Registration open for the Hackathon in Berlin, May 13-15 [In reply to]

On 04/09/2011 02:11 PM, Neil Kandalgaonkar wrote:
> I assume those of us who thought they registered via the WMF (but
> apparently didn't) don't need to do anything?

Yeah, don't worry about it, Carrie at WMF & Cornelius from WMDE are
taking care of it.

-Sumana

sumanah at panix

Re: Registration open for the Hackathon in Berlin, May 13-15 [In reply to]

Thanks for correcting my error, Danese! Sorry.

I should instead say: if Carrie says to do something, then yes, you need
to do it. :-)

-Sumana