query.php scheduled to die Monday, August 25

brion at wikimedia

Jul 30, 2008, 3:48 PM

query.php scheduled to die Monday, August 25

Platonides at gmail

Jul 30, 2008, 5:18 PM

Re: query.php scheduled to die Monday, August 25 [In reply to]

Brion Vibber wrote:
> I'm currently scheduling the Death of query.php for Monday, August 25 --
> a little less than 4 weeks from today.
>
> This gives interested parties a chance to either migrate their scripts
> to the current API ahead of time, or to start work on an adaptor to
> replace query.php -- transforming queries to send them to the new API
> and transforming the results back to a format compatible with the old one.
>
> - -- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)

This also means the death of the JavaScript check-usage,
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-Check-usage.js as it
relies on the proxying feature.
Let's hope daniel's CheckUsage doesn't break. I would prefer not having
it proxying via the toolserver...

bryan.tongminh at gmail

Jul 31, 2008, 4:07 AM

Re: query.php scheduled to die Monday, August 25 [In reply to]