Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

Looking for Wikimania Materials on Wikipedia Infrastructure

 

 

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


zakiakhmad at gmail

Aug 27, 2012, 4:01 AM

Post #1 of 8 (661 views)
Permalink
Looking for Wikimania Materials on Wikipedia Infrastructure

Hello,

I'm currently interested on knowing how the wikipedia scale from the
technology perspective: the wikipedia infrastructure, its servers and
application. Are there any wikimania talks that I could refer to?
Paper and video would be good.

Regards,

--
Zaki Akhmad
Indonesia

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l


polimerek at gmail

Aug 27, 2012, 4:27 AM

Post #2 of 8 (606 views)
Permalink
Re: Looking for Wikimania Materials on Wikipedia Infrastructure [In reply to]

2012/8/27 Zaki Akhmad <zakiakhmad [at] gmail>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently interested on knowing how the wikipedia scale from the
> technology perspective: the wikipedia infrastructure, its servers and
> application. Are there any wikimania talks that I could refer to?
> Paper and video would be good.
>

Detailed information regarding Wikimedia Foundation's server's and
network can be found here:

http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Polimerek
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/
http://www.cbmm.lodz.pl/work.php?id=29&title=tomasz-ganicz

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l


nemowiki at gmail

Aug 27, 2012, 4:47 AM

Post #3 of 8 (594 views)
Permalink
Re: Looking for Wikimania Materials on Wikipedia Infrastructure [In reply to]

Tomasz Ganicz, 27/08/2012 13:27:
> Detailed information regarding Wikimedia Foundation's server's and
> network can be found here:
>
> http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/

Which is completely useless for any kind of high-level information, in
particular [[Server roles]] which is dead and has no replacement and
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_servers is outdated.
But you might dig http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/view/Presentations ,
it's also possible that some Wikimania presentations have been added
already.

Nemo

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l


matthewrbowker.wiki at me

Aug 27, 2012, 5:55 AM

Post #4 of 8 (632 views)
Permalink
Re: Looking for Wikimania Materials on Wikipedia Infrastructure [In reply to]

While this isn't a wikimedia talk, this might have some information that would be helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r4qHVawVNQ

Matthew Bowker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matthewrbowker

On Aug 27, 2012, at 5:47 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki [at] gmail> wrote:

> Tomasz Ganicz, 27/08/2012 13:27:
>> Detailed information regarding Wikimedia Foundation's server's and
>> network can be found here:
>>
>> http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/
>
> Which is completely useless for any kind of high-level information, in particular [[Server roles]] which is dead and has no replacement and https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_servers is outdated.
> But you might dig http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/view/Presentations , it's also possible that some Wikimania presentations have been added already.
>
> Nemo
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> Wikimania-l [at] lists
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l


zakiakhmad at gmail

Aug 27, 2012, 6:58 PM

Post #5 of 8 (588 views)
Permalink
Re: Looking for Wikimania Materials on Wikipedia Infrastructure [In reply to]

Thanks guys for the response! I'll explore those resources.

Regards,
--
Zaki Akhmad
Indonesia


zakiakhmad at gmail

Aug 28, 2012, 1:46 AM

Post #6 of 8 (584 views)
Permalink
Re: Looking for Wikimania Materials on Wikipedia Infrastructure [In reply to]

BTW,

does Wikimedia has specific mailing list which talks on the technology side?

Thanks!
--
Zaki Akhmad
Indonesia

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l


saintonge at telus

Aug 28, 2012, 2:10 AM

Post #7 of 8 (586 views)
Permalink
Re: Looking for Wikimania Materials on Wikipedia Infrastructure [In reply to]

On 08/28/12 1:46 AM, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> BTW,
>
> does Wikimedia has specific mailing list which talks on the technology side?
>
> Thanks!
Yes. Wikitech-l

Ray

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l


sumanah at wikimedia

Aug 28, 2012, 6:19 AM

Post #8 of 8 (587 views)
Permalink
Re: Looking for Wikimania Materials on Wikipedia Infrastructure [In reply to]

On 08/28/2012 05:10 AM, Ray Saintonge wrote:
> On 08/28/12 1:46 AM, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
>> BTW,
>>
>> does Wikimedia has specific mailing list which talks on the technology
>> side?
>>
>> Thanks!
> Yes. Wikitech-l
>
> Ray

Thanks to everyone who answered these questions before I could. :-)

Zaki, check out https://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule for
the "Technology and Infrastructure" tracks, find those videos on
YouTube, and you'll see an ABUNDANCE of talks from this year.

Some more resources:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:MediaWiki_architecture
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mailing_lists
https://blog.wikimedia.org/c/technology/
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Labs

Feel free to come into the #wikimedia-tech IRC channel on Freenode to
lurk and learn more.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager
Wikimedia Foundation

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.