Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

Why?

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

thomas.dalton at gmail

Jul 14, 2012, 11:23 PM

Why?

I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone
explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the
middle of DC? Anyone?

lodewijk at effeietsanders

Jul 14, 2012, 11:35 PM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

Probably you decided to go there at some point. If someone kidnapped you
and took you there, I suggest to contact the conference hotline. But even
though you may not remember, the first sounds way more likely.

2012/7/15 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail>

> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can
> anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club
> in the middle of DC? Anyone?

richard.symonds at wikimedia

Jul 15, 2012, 12:38 AM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

Too much rum? (Or too little)?
Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992
Disclaimer viewable at
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Email_disclaimer
Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

On 15 July 2012 02:35, Lodewijk <lodewijk [at] effeietsanders> wrote:

> Probably you decided to go there at some point. If someone kidnapped you
> and took you there, I suggest to contact the conference hotline. But even
> though you may not remember, the first sounds way more likely.
>
> 2012/7/15 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail>
>
>> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can
>> anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club
>> in the middle of DC? Anyone?

anthere at anthere

Jul 15, 2012, 1:02 AM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

It did not look like you were this drunk though.... weird.
In any cases, it was no kidnapping ;)

Le 7/15/12 3:38 AM, Richard Symonds a écrit :
> Too much rum? (Or too little)?
> Richard Symonds
> Wikimedia UK
> 0207 065 0992
> Disclaimer viewable
> athttp://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Email_disclaimer
> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk
>

> On 15 July 2012 02:35, Lodewijk <lodewijk [at] effeietsanders
> <mailto:lodewijk [at] effeietsanders>> wrote:
>
> Probably you decided to go there at some point. If someone
> kidnapped you and took you there, I suggest to contact the
> conference hotline. But even though you may not remember, the
> first sounds way more likely.
>
> 2012/7/15 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail
> <mailto:thomas.dalton [at] gmail>>
>
> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night
> club. Can anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a
> wannabe goth night club in the middle of DC? Anyone?

craig at halo-17

Jul 15, 2012, 1:13 AM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

Normally I can be blamed for such things... but this time I'm on the
opposite side of the world sorry ;-)

On 15 July 2012 18:02, Florence Devouard <anthere [at] anthere> wrote:
> It did not look like you were this drunk though.... weird.
> In any cases, it was no kidnapping ;)
>
> Le 7/15/12 3:38 AM, Richard Symonds a écrit :
>
> Too much rum? (Or too little)?
> Richard Symonds
> Wikimedia UK
> 0207 065 0992
> Disclaimer viewable at
> http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Email_disclaimer
> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk
>

> On 15 July 2012 02:35, Lodewijk <lodewijk [at] effeietsanders> wrote:
>>
>> Probably you decided to go there at some point. If someone kidnapped you
>> and took you there, I suggest to contact the conference hotline. But even
>> though you may not remember, the first sounds way more likely.
>>
>> 2012/7/15 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail>
>>>
>>> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can
>>> anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club
>>> in the middle of DC? Anyone?

meta.sj at gmail

Jul 15, 2012, 1:54 AM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail>wrote:

> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can
> anyone explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club
> in the middle of DC? Anyone?

For the record, and in an effort to honor the quality of local cultural
attractions after dark, DC has some of the best wannabe goth night clubs
this side of the Mississippi.

SJ
also impressed with the quality of local breakdancing (which our party
seems to have enhanced)

andy at pigsonthewing

Jul 15, 2012, 8:54 AM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

On 15 July 2012 02:23, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail> wrote:
> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone
> explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the
> middle of DC? Anyone?

What happens in DC stays in DC. Or on a global mailing list.

Welcome to the 21st century.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

rupert.thurner at gmail

Jul 15, 2012, 9:12 AM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail> wrote:
> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone
> explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the
> middle of DC? Anyone?

for my part, i just learnt (or not?) what a wannabe goth is, from
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wannabe%20goth:
"An overprivileged, but ungrateful adolescent who responds to his
boredom by dressing up like a vampire."

slightly confused, rupert.

jamesjoshualim at yahoo

Jul 15, 2012, 4:47 PM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

Wiadomo¶æ napisana przez rupert THURNER w dniu 16 lip 2012, o godz. 00:12:

> for my part, i just learnt (or not?) what a wannabe goth is, from
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wannabe%20goth:
> "An overprivileged, but ungrateful adolescent who responds to his
> boredom by dressing up like a vampire."
>
> slightly confused, rupert.

Sounds like it's eerily related to scene kids (wannabe emos), only more disturbing. The more important question though is how old were those people? :P

Josh

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Block I1, AB Political Science
Major in Global Politics, Minor in Chinese Studies
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Trustee (2010-2013), Wikimedia Philippines
Member, Ateneo Debate Society
Member, The Assembly

jamesjoshualim [at] yahoo | +63 (927) 531-8301
Friendster/Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://akira123323.livejournal.com

diegohazzem at hotmail

Jul 15, 2012, 7:52 PM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

Deseo canselar mi suscripcion a su sitio,diegohazzem [at] hotmail

rupert THURNER <rupert.thurner [at] gmail> escribió:

>On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail> wrote:
>> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone
>> explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the
>> middle of DC? Anyone?
>
>for my part, i just learnt (or not?) what a wannabe goth is, from
>http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wannabe%20goth:
>"An overprivileged, but ungrateful adolescent who responds to his
>boredom by dressing up like a vampire."
>
>slightly confused, rupert.

jamesjoshualim at yahoo

Jul 15, 2012, 8:11 PM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

________________________________
Deseo canselar mi suscripcion a su sitio,diegohazzem [at] hotmail

rupert THURNER <rupert.thurner [at] gmail> escribió:

>On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail> wrote:
>> I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can anyone
>> explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in the
>> middle of DC? Anyone?
>
>for my part, i just learnt (or not?) what a wannabe goth is, from
>http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wannabe%20goth:
>"An overprivileged, but ungrateful adolescent who responds to his
>boredom by dressing up like a vampire."
>
>slightly confused, rupert.

morton.thomas at googlemail

Jul 16, 2012, 1:22 AM

Re: Why? [In reply to]

On 15 July 2012 17:12, rupert THURNER <rupert.thurner [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> > I have just got back to my hotel from a wannabe goth night club. Can
> anyone
> > explain to me what the hell I was doing in a wannabe goth night club in
> the
> > middle of DC? Anyone?
>
> for my part, i just learnt (or not?) what a wannabe goth is, from
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wannabe%20goth:
> "An overprivileged, but ungrateful adolescent who responds to his
> boredom by dressing up like a vampire."
>
> slightly confused, rupert.

Latest Foundation research on the UndeadGap indicates this is a fair
description for the "Average Wikipedian".

Now where did I leave those fangs?

Tom

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded