Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

nicholasbashour at gmail

Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor

Dear All,

We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
meet her.

http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/

Sincerely,

Nicholas Michael Bashour
President
Wikimedia District of Columbia
Washington, DC, USA

gyenes.orsolya at wiki

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

This is awesome!

The sponsorship team really did a nice job so far!

Congrats!

*~Orsolya*
Deputy Program Chair

2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour <nicholasbashour [at] gmail>

> Dear All,
>
> We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
> grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
> donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
> attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
> meet her.
>
> http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nicholas Michael Bashour
> President
> Wikimedia District of Columbia
> Washington, DC, USA

nicholasbashour at gmail

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
please let me know :)

Sincerely,

Nicholas Michael Bashour
President
Wikimedia District of Columbia
Washington, DC, USA

2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour <nicholasbashour [at] gmail>:
> Dear All,
>
> We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
> grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
> donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
> attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
> meet her.
>
> http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nicholas Michael Bashour
> President
> Wikimedia District of Columbia
> Washington, DC, USA

roan.kattouw at gmail

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Nicholas Michael Bashour
<nicholasbashour [at] gmail> wrote:
> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
> please let me know :)

At least for WMF this is something that our HR dept should be able to
provide anonymized numbers for. I'll walk over and ask.

Roan

itzik at infra

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

I know WMDE have at least one :)

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Nicholas Michael Bashour <
nicholasbashour [at] gmail> wrote:

> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work
> with or
> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
> please let me know :)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nicholas Michael Bashour
> President
> Wikimedia District of Columbia
> Washington, DC, USA
>

> 2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour <nicholasbashour [at] gmail>:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
> > grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
> > donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
> > attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
> > meet her.
> >
> > http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Nicholas Michael Bashour
> > President
> > Wikimedia District of Columbia
> > Washington, DC, USA

roan.kattouw at gmail

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Roan Kattouw <roan.kattouw [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Nicholas Michael Bashour
> <nicholasbashour [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
>> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
>> please let me know :)
>>
> At least for WMF this is something that our HR dept should be able to
> provide anonymized numbers for. I'll walk over and ask.

The following data was kindly provided by Joady from HR: of the 90
people in payroll (note: this counts employees but not contractors;
she said contractor data would be harder to get), 8 people are 50 or
over, and 26 people are 40 or over.

Roan

nicholasbashour at gmail

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

Thanks for this information, Roan and Joady :)

2012/5/7 Roan Kattouw <roan.kattouw [at] gmail>:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Roan Kattouw <roan.kattouw [at] gmail> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Nicholas Michael Bashour
>> <nicholasbashour [at] gmail> wrote:
>>> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
>>> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
>>> please let me know :)
>>>
>> At least for WMF this is something that our HR dept should be able to
>> provide anonymized numbers for. I'll walk over and ask.
>>
> The following data was kindly provided by Joady from HR: of the 90
> people in payroll (note: this counts employees but not contractors;
> she said contractor data would be harder to get), 8 people are 50 or
> over, and 26 people are 40 or over.
>
> Roan

lodewijk at effeietsanders

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

My gut feeling is that percentage is higher in chapters than in the WMF -
based on who I know. But I doubt anyone can get you any quick solid numbers
on it though.

Lodewijk

2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour <nicholasbashour [at] gmail>

> Thanks for this information, Roan and Joady :)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nicholas Michael Bashour
> President
> Wikimedia District of Columbia
> Washington, DC, USA
>
> 2012/5/7 Roan Kattouw <roan.kattouw [at] gmail>:
> > On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Roan Kattouw <roan.kattouw [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> work with or
> >>>
> >> At least for WMF this is something that our HR dept should be able to
> >> provide anonymized numbers for. I'll walk over and ask.
> >>
> > The following data was kindly provided by Joady from HR: of the 90
> > people in payroll (note: this counts employees but not contractors;
> > she said contractor data would be harder to get), 8 people are 50 or
> > over, and 26 people are 40 or over.
> >
> > Roan

fotographerkannan at gmail

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

we, ml. wikikipedia (Malayalam,Kerala.India) have one babuji, 76 years old.
An active contributor

Kannan

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Lodewijk <lodewijk [at] effeietsanders>wrote:

> My gut feeling is that percentage is higher in chapters than in the WMF -
> based on who I know. But I doubt anyone can get you any quick solid numbers
> on it though.
>
> Lodewijk
>
> 2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour <nicholasbashour [at] gmail>
>
>> Thanks for this information, Roan and Joady :)
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Nicholas Michael Bashour
>> President
>> Wikimedia District of Columbia
>> Washington, DC, USA
>>
>> 2012/5/7 Roan Kattouw <roan.kattouw [at] gmail>:
>> work with or

>> > The following data was kindly provided by Joady from HR: of the 90
>> > people in payroll (note: this counts employees but not contractors;
>> > she said contractor data would be harder to get), 8 people are 50 or
>> > over, and 26 people are 40 or over.
>> >
>> > Roan

Kannan shanmugam

samat78 at gmail

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

There are 13 members, 6 active volunteers and 0 employee over 50-years-old
in the Hungarian chapter.

Samat

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:21 AM, kannan shanmugam <
fotographerkannan [at] gmail> wrote:

> we, ml. wikikipedia (Malayalam,Kerala.India) have one babuji, 76 years
> old. An active contributor
>
> Kannan
>

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Lodewijk <lodewijk [at] effeietsanders>wrote:
>
>> My gut feeling is that percentage is higher in chapters than in the WMF -
>> based on who I know. But I doubt anyone can get you any quick solid numbers
>> on it though.
>>
>> Lodewijk
>>
>> 2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour <nicholasbashour [at] gmail>
>>
>>> Thanks for this information, Roan and Joady :)
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> Nicholas Michael Bashour
>>> President
>>> Wikimedia District of Columbia
>>> Washington, DC, USA

>>> work with or
>>> answer,

richard at farmbrough

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

While I don't work for either I celebrated my 50th just recently. And I
don't look a day over 49.

On 07/05/2012 20:30, Nicholas Michael Bashour wrote:
> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
> please let me know :)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nicholas Michael Bashour
> President
> Wikimedia District of Columbia
> Washington, DC, USA
>

> 2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour<nicholasbashour [at] gmail>:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
>> grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
>> donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
>> attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
>> meet her.
>>
>> http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Nicholas Michael Bashour
>> President
>> Wikimedia District of Columbia
>> Washington, DC, USA

sylvain.boissel at wikimedia

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

Hello,

Here at Wikimedia France, out of 300 members, only 84 gave us their
birthdate, and 21 of them are 50 years old or more. 14 are between 40 and
50 years old.

Nobody in the staff is 50+, and one staff member is between 40 and 50.

Hope this help,
Sylvain.

2012/5/9 Richard Farmbrough <richard [at] farmbrough>

> While I don't work for either I celebrated my 50th just recently. And I
> don't look a day over 49.
>

> On 07/05/2012 20:30, Nicholas Michael Bashour wrote:
>
>> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work
>> with or
>> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
>> please let me know :)
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Nicholas Michael Bashour
>> President
>> Wikimedia District of Columbia
>> Washington, DC, USA
>>

>> 2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour<nicholasbashour [at] gmail**com<nicholasbashour [at] gmail>
>> >:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
>>> grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
>>> donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
>>> attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
>>> meet her.
>>>
>>> http://blog.wikimediadc.org/**2012/05/youre-never-too-old-**
>>> for-wikipedia/<http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/>
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> Nicholas Michael Bashour
>>> President
>>> Wikimedia District of Columbia
>>> Washington, DC, USA

Sylvain Boissel
Chargé de mission communauté et technologie de Wikimédia France
tél 07.62.93.42.02 - email sylvain.boissel [at] wikimedia - twitter
@sboissel<https://twitter.com/#!/sboissel>

*Imaginez un monde où chaque personne sur la planète aurait librement accès
à la totalité du savoir humain. C'est notre engagement. Aidez Wikimedia
France à en faire une réalité <https://dons.wikimedia.fr>.*
www.wikimedia.fr

jamesjoshualim at yahoo

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

Not sure how many in Wikimedia Philippines are over 50, but I think we have one or two around. :)

Josh

Wiadomość napisana przez Sylvain Boissel w dniu 9 maj 2012, o godz. 10:41:

> Hello,
>
> Here at Wikimedia France, out of 300 members, only 84 gave us their birthdate, and 21 of them are 50 years old or more. 14 are between 40 and 50 years old.
>
> Nobody in the staff is 50+, and one staff member is between 40 and 50.
>
> Hope this help,
> Sylvain.
>
> 2012/5/9 Richard Farmbrough <richard [at] farmbrough>
> While I don't work for either I celebrated my 50th just recently. And I don't look a day over 49.
>

> On 07/05/2012 20:30, Nicholas Michael Bashour wrote:
> Incidentally, she asked me about how many people over 50-years-old work with or
> for WMF (and by extension, the chapters), so if anyone has the answer,
> please let me know :)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nicholas Michael Bashour
> President
> Wikimedia District of Columbia
> Washington, DC, USA
>

> 2012/5/7 Nicholas Michael Bashour<nicholasbashour [at] gmail>:
> Dear All,
>
> We have just published a blog post on Irene Lynch, a 78-year-old great
> grandmother, artist, and storyteller who loves Wikipedia and has
> donated $5,000 to Wikimania 2012. She's very passionate and plans on
> attending Wikimania in July, so hopefully you will all get a chance to
> meet her.
>
> http://blog.wikimediadc.org/2012/05/youre-never-too-old-for-wikipedia/
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nicholas Michael Bashour
> President
> Wikimedia District of Columbia
> Washington, DC, USA

> Sylvain Boissel
> Chargé de mission communauté et technologie de Wikimédia France
> tél 07.62.93.42.02 - email sylvain.boissel [at] wikimedia - twitter @sboissel
>
> Imaginez un monde où chaque personne sur la planète aurait librement accès à la totalité du savoir humain. C'est notre engagement. Aidez Wikimedia France à en faire une réalité.
> www.wikimedia.fr

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Block I1, AB Political Science
Major in Global Politics, Minor in Chinese Studies
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Vice-President (2011-2012), Wikimedia Philippines
Member, Ateneo Debate Society
Member, The Assembly
Member, Ateneo Lingua Ars Cultura

jamesjoshualim [at] yahoo | +63 (927) 531-8301
Friendster/Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://akira123323.livejournal.com

galio2k at gmail

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

Wikimedia Argentina: out of 71 members we have 17 40+ members, 10 of whom
are 50+, meaning that around 15% of our members are more than 50 years old.

Best,

Galileo Vidoni
Vicepresidente
A. C. Wikimedia Argentina

i at blue

Re: Wikimania's 78-year-old sponsor [In reply to]

WoW!