Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

Request for the the letter of invitation

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

i at blue

Request for the the letter of invitation

I've already registered the Wikimania 2012 and filled out the visa
assistance section of the registration form.
I need a letter of invitation to assist my visa.
My registered username on wikidc.org is Shujenchang, please check my visa
assistance information.
Thanks.

messedrocker at gmail

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

Your request will be handled by Katie Filbert.

Regards,
James Hare

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Shujen Chang <i [at] blue> wrote:
> I've already registered the Wikimania 2012 and filled out the visa
> assistance section of the registration form.
> I need a letter of invitation to assist my visa.
> My registered username on wikidc.org is Shujenchang, please check my visa
> assistance information.
> Thanks.

susanna.mkrtchyan at gmail

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

Hi!
I've registered too and I also need a letter of invitation for visa and for
my employer.
Best regards,
Susanna Mkrtchyan

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM, James Hare <messedrocker [at] gmail> wrote:

> Your request will be handled by Katie Filbert.
>
> Regards,
> James Hare
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Shujen Chang <i [at] blue> wrote:
> > I've already registered the Wikimania 2012 and filled out the visa
> > assistance section of the registration form.
> > I need a letter of invitation to assist my visa.
> > My registered username on wikidc.org is Shujenchang, please check
> my visa
> > assistance information.
> > Thanks.

i at blue

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

Thanks for your help~ and when will I receive the letter?

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Susanna Mkrtchyan <
susanna.mkrtchyan [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi!
> I've registered too and I also need a letter of invitation for visa and
> for my employer.
> Best regards,
> Susanna Mkrtchyan
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM, James Hare <messedrocker [at] gmail>wrote:
>
>> Your request will be handled by Katie Filbert.
>>
>> Regards,
>> James Hare
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Shujen Chang <i [at] blue> wrote:
>> > I've already registered the Wikimania 2012 and filled out the visa
>> > assistance section of the registration form.
>> > I need a letter of invitation to assist my visa.
>> > My registered username on wikidc.org is Shujenchang, please check
>> my visa
>> > assistance information.
>> > Thanks.

harel.cain at gmail

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

Hi all,

This kind of thing belongs on the various OTRS addresses, not on this
public list read by hundreds of people.

Harel Cain

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 16:43, Shujen Chang <i [at] blue> wrote:

> Thanks for your help~ and when will I receive the letter?
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Susanna Mkrtchyan <
> susanna.mkrtchyan [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> I've registered too and I also need a letter of invitation for visa and
>> for my employer.
>> Best regards,
>> Susanna Mkrtchyan
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM, James Hare <messedrocker [at] gmail>wrote:
>>
>>> Your request will be handled by Katie Filbert.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> James Hare

>>> my visa

jeremy at tuxmachine

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 09:48, Harel Cain <harel.cain [at] gmail> wrote:
> This kind of thing belongs on the various OTRS addresses, not on this public
> list read by hundreds of people.

For the uninitiated: 2 of those addresses are
wikimania-registration [at] wikimedia and wikimania-info [at] wikimedia

It's fairly trivial to move messages from one queue to another so if
in doubt just send your mail to your best guess and it should make
it's way to the right place.

-Jeremy

i at blue

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

How can I contact Katie Filbert to know the progress of my letter?

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM, James Hare <messedrocker [at] gmail> wrote:

> Your request will be handled by Katie Filbert.
>
> Regards,
> James Hare
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Shujen Chang <i [at] blue> wrote:
> > I've already registered the Wikimania 2012 and filled out the visa
> > assistance section of the registration form.
> > I need a letter of invitation to assist my visa.
> > My registered username on wikidc.org is Shujenchang, please check
> my visa
> > assistance information.
> > Thanks.

cnchenminqi at gmail

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

Well I sent to those queues and haven't received reply for about a week.
(probably committee is overwhelmed with the scholarship recipients. ) But I
do personally hope to get it as soon as possible.

When it comes to the student visa season (very soon), it can take up to 3
months to queue for a visa interview...

Best regards,
[[User:Bencmq]] / Benjamin Chen

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Jeremy Baron <jeremy [at] tuxmachine> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 09:48, Harel Cain <harel.cain [at] gmail> wrote:
> > This kind of thing belongs on the various OTRS addresses, not on this
> public
> > list read by hundreds of people.
>
> For the uninitiated: 2 of those addresses are
> wikimania-registration [at] wikimedia and wikimania-info [at] wikimedia
>
> It's fairly trivial to move messages from one queue to another so if
> in doubt just send your mail to your best guess and it should make
> it's way to the right place.
>
> -Jeremy

raul.swaroop at gmail

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 20:55, Benjamin Chen <cnchenminqi [at] gmail> wrote:

> Well I sent to those queues and haven't received reply for about a week.
> (probably committee is overwhelmed with the scholarship recipients. ) But I
> do personally hope to get it as soon as possible.
>
> When it comes to the student visa season (very soon), it can take up to 3
> months to queue for a visa interview...
>
> Indeed. Hence the urgency :)

> Best regards,
> [[User:Bencmq]] / Benjamin Chen
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Jeremy Baron <jeremy [at] tuxmachine>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 09:48, Harel Cain <harel.cain [at] gmail> wrote:
>> > This kind of thing belongs on the various OTRS addresses, not on this
>> public
>> > list read by hundreds of people.
>>
>> For the uninitiated: 2 of those addresses are
>> wikimania-registration [at] wikimedia and wikimania-info [at] wikimedia
>>
>> It's fairly trivial to move messages from one queue to another so if
>> in doubt just send your mail to your best guess and it should make
>> it's way to the right place.
>>
>> -Jeremy

Swaroop Rao
(MikeLynch)

aude.wiki at gmail

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Benjamin Chen <cnchenminqi [at] gmail>wrote:

> Well I sent to those queues and haven't received reply for about a week.
> (probably committee is overwhelmed with the scholarship recipients. ) But I
> do personally hope to get it as soon as possible.

I am working on them right now and you should get it in the next few hours.

Cheers,
Katie

> When it comes to the student visa season (very soon), it can take up to 3
> months to queue for a visa interview...
>
> Best regards,
> [[User:Bencmq]] / Benjamin Chen
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Jeremy Baron <jeremy [at] tuxmachine>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 09:48, Harel Cain <harel.cain [at] gmail> wrote:
>> > This kind of thing belongs on the various OTRS addresses, not on this
>> public
>> > list read by hundreds of people.
>>
>> For the uninitiated: 2 of those addresses are
>> wikimania-registration [at] wikimedia and wikimania-info [at] wikimedia
>>
>> It's fairly trivial to move messages from one queue to another so if
>> in doubt just send your mail to your best guess and it should make
>> it's way to the right place.
>>
>> -Jeremy

Board member, Wikimedia District of Columbia
http://wikimediadc.org
@wikimediadc / @wikimania2012

srikeit at gmail

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

Have sent a mail requesting the same to scholarships ID.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

I've received the letter, thanks for James Hare~

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Srikeit <srikeit [at] gmail> wrote:

> Have sent a mail requesting the same to scholarships ID.
>
> Looking forward to your response.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:03 PM, aude <aude.wiki [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Benjamin Chen <cnchenminqi [at] gmail>wrote:
>>
>>> Well I sent to those queues and haven't received reply for about a week.
>>> (probably committee is overwhelmed with the scholarship recipients. ) But I
>>> do personally hope to get it as soon as possible.
>>

>> I am working on them right now and you should get it in the next few
>> hours.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Katie
>>

>>> When it comes to the student visa season (very soon), it can take up to
>>> 3 months to queue for a visa interview...
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> [[User:Bencmq]] / Benjamin Chen

>> --
>> Board member, Wikimedia District of Columbia
>> http://wikimediadc.org
>> @wikimediadc / @wikimania2012

> Srikeit

i at blue

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

and also thanks for Katie Filbert~

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Shujen Chang <i [at] blue> wrote:

> I've received the letter, thanks for James Hare~
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Srikeit <srikeit [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> Have sent a mail requesting the same to scholarships ID.
>>
>> Looking forward to your response.
>>
>> Thanks

>>> I am working on them right now and you should get it in the next few
>>> hours.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Katie

>>> --
>>> Board member, Wikimedia District of Columbia
>>> http://wikimediadc.org
>>> @wikimediadc / @wikimania2012

>> --
>> Srikeit

srikeit at gmail

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

Hi

I'm still waiting for my letter of invitation.

I request the organizing committee to provide me with one at their earliest
as initiating visa procedures immediately is very essential.

Regards

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Shujen Chang <i [at] blue> wrote:

> and also thanks for Katie Filbert~
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Shujen Chang <i [at] blue> wrote:
>
>> I've received the letter, thanks for James Hare~
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Srikeit <srikeit [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>>> Have sent a mail requesting the same to scholarships ID.
>>>
>>> Looking forward to your response.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> --
>>> Srikeit

Srikeit Tadepalli

i at blue

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

I think you can mail to Katie Filbert, my letter was written by her.

aude.wiki at gmail

Re: Request for the the letter of invitation [In reply to]

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM, Srikeit <srikeit [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm still waiting for my letter of invitation.
>
> I request the organizing committee to provide me with one at their
> earliest as initiating visa procedures immediately is very essential.

I have replied privately to Srikeit and we're working urgently as possible
on all remaining visa letter requests (prioritizing those with the longest
wait times).

If anyone has a visa appointment this week or next week, please email me
(or wikimania-registration [at] wikimedia) and we can make sure you get your
letter in time. And please make sure you are registered [1] with complete
and up-to-date information in the visa assistance part of the form.

[1] https://secure.wikidc.org/wm/reg

Cheers,
Katie