Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

Change of time for second IRC meeting

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jdforrester at gmail

Change of time for second IRC meeting

All (and especially the bidding teams),

The second IRC meeting is scheduled for 14:00 UTC on 14 April 2012,
but unfortunately a number of Jury members cannot make that time, so
we would like to move it forward by 25 hours - to 15:00 UTC on 15
April 2012[*].

If any bid-team members would have difficulty making this, please
shout and we'll see if we can find a time that works. Otherwise, see
you on #wikimania then.

[*] - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Wikimania+2013+Second+IRC+Q%26A&iso=20120415T15&ah=1&am=30

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
jdforrester [at] wikimedia | jdforrester [at] gmail

bennylin.idwiki at hotmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

Earlier is better. Indonesian time is 10pm (which would last till 12pm) and Hong Kong is later. Why not 14.00 UTC?

___________________

Regards,
benny

________________________________
The second IRC meeting is scheduled for 14:00 UTC on 14 April 2012,
but unfortunately a number of Jury members cannot make that time, so
we would like to move it forward by 25 hours - to 15:00 UTC on 15
April 2012[*].

If any bid-team members would have difficulty making this, please
shout and we'll see if we can find a time that works. Otherwise, see
you on #wikimania then.

[*] - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Wikimania+2013+Second+IRC+Q%26A&iso=20120415T15&ah=1&am=30

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
jdforrester [at] wikimedia | jdforrester [at] gmail
[[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

thomas.dalton at gmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

On 9 April 2012 20:29, Bennylin <bennylin.idwiki [at] hotmail> wrote:
> Earlier is better. Indonesian time is 10pm (which would last till 12pm) and
> Hong Kong is later. Why not 14.00 UTC?

See as the bids are all from Europe and Asia and the jury are mostly
from Europe and Asia, and earlier time would seem to make sense.

jerry.tschan.yu at gmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

We, Hong Kong, strongly against the time change,
as that means a meeting time for us will be at 11pm on Sunday
Highly undesirable for us as the next day IS a working weekday of Monday

自吾之埃拍
Sent from my iPad

On 10 Apr, 2012, at 3:01, James Forrester <jdforrester [at] gmail> wrote:

> All (and especially the bidding teams),
>
> The second IRC meeting is scheduled for 14:00 UTC on 14 April 2012,
> but unfortunately a number of Jury members cannot make that time, so
> we would like to move it forward by 25 hours - to 15:00 UTC on 15
> April 2012[*].
>
> If any bid-team members would have difficulty making this, please
> shout and we'll see if we can find a time that works. Otherwise, see
> you on #wikimania then.
>
> [*] - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Wikimania+2013+Second+IRC+Q%26A&iso=20120415T15&ah=1&am=30
>
> Yours,
> --
> James D. Forrester
> jdforrester [at] wikimedia | jdforrester [at] gmail
> [[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

deryckchan at gmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

I echo Benny and Jeromy's concern that the new proposed time is rather
unhelpful to the two Asian teams.

Last time the Hong Kong team had great difficulty getting people together
for the meeting; making it Sunday 11pm simply makes things worse as Jeromy
pointed out. (To be fair, 12 or 13 UTC would be much better for us, but we
understand several jurors are on the Americas.)

I'm disappointed that both IRC meetings had to be rearranged at such short
notice. I hope a compromise time that will fit as many bidding teams and
jurors as possible can be found; I think individual jurors and other
Wikimedians who can't make the meeting can always continue to participate
in the Q&A phase via meta or this mailing list.

Deryck
On Apr 10, 2012 8:16 AM, "Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan" <
jerry.tschan.yu [at] gmail> wrote:

> We, Hong Kong, strongly against the time change,
> as that means a meeting time for us will be at 11pm on Sunday
> Highly undesirable for us as the next day IS a working weekday of Monday
>
> 自吾之埃拍
> Sent from my iPad
>

> On 10 Apr, 2012, at 3:01, James Forrester <jdforrester [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> > All (and especially the bidding teams),
> >
> > The second IRC meeting is scheduled for 14:00 UTC on 14 April 2012,
> > but unfortunately a number of Jury members cannot make that time, so
> > we would like to move it forward by 25 hours - to 15:00 UTC on 15
> > April 2012[*].
> >
> > If any bid-team members would have difficulty making this, please
> > shout and we'll see if we can find a time that works. Otherwise, see
> > you on #wikimania then.
> >
> > [*] -
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Wikimania+2013+Second+IRC+Q%26A&iso=20120415T15&ah=1&am=30
> >
> > Yours,
> > --
> > James D. Forrester
> > jdforrester [at] wikimedia | jdforrester [at] gmail
> > [[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

berialima at gmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

Well, I'm not the worst case in America (I think SF people are the one who
needs to get up earlier), and I can be online at any given time and date
you decide (in the weekend of course!) but I agree with Deryck. Why not
stick with the proposed time? I know Lodewijk can't make it in time, but he
can read the logs (I will make sure we have them Eff :-) ) and someone else
can moderate - maybe the moderator ;) ;)
_____
*
*

*[image: Inline images 1]*

*Béria Lima*

* *

* Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano.*

*Ajude-nos a construir esse sonho.* <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>**

*

On 10 April 2012 00:44, Deryck Chan <deryckchan [at] gmail> wrote:

> I echo Benny and Jeromy's concern that the new proposed time is rather
> unhelpful to the two Asian teams.
>
> Last time the Hong Kong team had great difficulty getting people together
> for the meeting; making it Sunday 11pm simply makes things worse as Jeromy
> pointed out. (To be fair, 12 or 13 UTC would be much better for us, but we
> understand several jurors are on the Americas.)
>
> I'm disappointed that both IRC meetings had to be rearranged at such short
> notice. I hope a compromise time that will fit as many bidding teams and
> jurors as possible can be found; I think individual jurors and other
> Wikimedians who can't make the meeting can always continue to participate
> in the Q&A phase via meta or this mailing list.
>
> Deryck
> On Apr 10, 2012 8:16 AM, "Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan" <
> jerry.tschan.yu [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> We, Hong Kong, strongly against the time change,
>> as that means a meeting time for us will be at 11pm on Sunday
>> Highly undesirable for us as the next day IS a working weekday of Monday
>>
>> 自吾之埃拍
>> Sent from my iPad
>>

>> On 10 Apr, 2012, at 3:01, James Forrester <jdforrester [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>> > All (and especially the bidding teams),
>> >
>> > The second IRC meeting is scheduled for 14:00 UTC on 14 April 2012,
>> > but unfortunately a number of Jury members cannot make that time, so
>> > we would like to move it forward by 25 hours - to 15:00 UTC on 15
>> > April 2012[*].
>> >
>> > If any bid-team members would have difficulty making this, please
>> > shout and we'll see if we can find a time that works. Otherwise, see
>> > you on #wikimania then.
>> >
>> > [*] -
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Wikimania+2013+Second+IRC+Q%26A&iso=20120415T15&ah=1&am=30
>> >
>> > Yours,
>> > --
>> > James D. Forrester
>> > jdforrester [at] wikimedia | jdforrester [at] gmail
>> > [[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

peteforsyth at gmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

Beria, I think what we learned from the previous request is that it may be
too late to make a change that will work for most people. If you can't join
us at 14:00, maybe yo could just join in as soon as you are able?

I would like to put a solid time in my calendar at this point, and the time
that has been published for a long time seems like the best choice.

Pete

steve at mediafocusuk

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

Hi Guys

Bristol can make either proposed time, we may not have the same team members take part depending on which day or time it is, but this time we will have at least two members on IRC for either the published time or the proposed new time.

Let us know what the collective decision is so we can arrange this.

Steve V.

Inline images 1 <https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=a3a57555ac&view=att&th=135aa668248f901a&attid=0.2&disp=safe&realattid=ii_135aa66503d5e6cc&zw>

<http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos> Ajude-nos a construir esse sonho.

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

I don't think you read my mail Pete.

I clearly say that for me isn't a problem. The problem is for people who
needs to be up at 11 pm in a Sunday (when they need to get up at 6 or 7 in
the following day to work). I do believe that is better not have one jury
member but have all the bid teams at the meeting. So again, why change the
day?
_____
*
*

*[image: Inline images 1]*

*Béria Lima*

* *

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

On Apr 10, 2012, at 9:55 AM, Bria Lima wrote:

> I don't think you read my mail Pete.

You're right Beria, sorry -- I was mistakenly responding to your earlier message, I somehow missed the ones in between. I was also mistaken about the previously published time. Please ignore my message, I was obviously out of my mind.

-Pete

deryckchan at gmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

So, which time are we going for?

On 10 April 2012 22:05, Pete Forsyth <peteforsyth [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2012, at 9:55 AM, Béria Lima wrote:
>
> I don't think you read my mail Pete.
>

> You're right Beria, sorry -- I was mistakenly responding to your earlier
> message, I somehow missed the ones in between. I was also mistaken about
> the previously published time. Please ignore my message, I was obviously
> out of my mind.
>
> -Pete

bennylin.idwiki at hotmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

I assume we are still going with Sunday 11 p.m. Hong Kong time

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimania_2013_bids/Timeline&oldid=3629953

___________________

Regards,
benny

________________________________
On 10 April 2012 22:05, Pete Forsyth <peteforsyth [at] gmail> wrote:

On Apr 10, 2012, at 9:55 AM, Bria Lima wrote:

>I don't think you read my mail Pete.
>
>You're right Beria, sorry -- I was mistakenly responding to your earlier message, I somehow missed the ones in between. I was also mistaken about the previously published time. Please ignore my message, I was obviously out of my mind.
>
>-Pete

deryckchan at gmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

But the IRC room topic still says 14 Apr 14:00 UTC!
On Apr 13, 2012 2:35 AM, "Bennylin" <bennylin.idwiki [at] hotmail> wrote:

> I assume we are still going with Sunday 11 p.m. Hong Kong time
>

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimania_2013_bids/Timeline&oldid=3629953

> wikimania-l [at] lists>
> *Sent:* Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:20 PM
> *Subject:* Re: [Wikimania-l] Change of time for second IRC meeting
>
> So, which time are we going for?
>
> On 10 April 2012 22:05, Pete Forsyth <peteforsyth [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> On Apr 10, 2012, at 9:55 AM, Béria Lima wrote:
>
> I don't think you read my mail Pete.
>

> You're right Beria, sorry -- I was mistakenly responding to your earlier
> message, I somehow missed the ones in between. I was also mistaken about
> the previously published time. Please ignore my message, I was obviously
> out of my mind.
>
> -Pete

jerry.tschan.yu at gmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

Only a little more than 24 hrs than original scheduled time

ANY decision from the jury?

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 09:32, Deryck Chan <deryckchan [at] gmail> wrote:

> But the IRC room topic still says 14 Apr 14:00 UTC!
> On Apr 13, 2012 2:35 AM, "Bennylin" <bennylin.idwiki [at] hotmail> wrote:
>
>> I assume we are still going with Sunday 11 p.m. Hong Kong time
>>

>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimania_2013_bids/Timeline&oldid=3629953

>> wikimania-l [at] lists>
>> *Sent:* Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:20 PM
>> *Subject:* Re: [Wikimania-l] Change of time for second IRC meeting
>>
>> So, which time are we going for?
>>
>> On 10 April 2012 22:05, Pete Forsyth <peteforsyth [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 10, 2012, at 9:55 AM, Béria Lima wrote:
>>
>> I don't think you read my mail Pete.
>>

>> You're right Beria, sorry -- I was mistakenly responding to your earlier
>> message, I somehow missed the ones in between. I was also mistaken about
>> the previously published time. Please ignore my message, I was obviously
>> out of my mind.
>>
>> -Pete

Jeromy-Yu Chan, Jerry
http://yuyu.be/txt
http://about.me/jeromyu
UID: Jeromyu
(on Facebook, Twitter, Plurk & most sites)

Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
Οὔτε τι τῶν ἀνθρωπίνων ἄξιον ὂν μεγάλης σπουδῆς

peteforsyth at gmail

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

I believe we are going with the original published time. The decision was
made long ago, despite some recent discussion that did not reslt in a
change.

Pete
On Apr 13, 2012 5:14 AM, "Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu)" <

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

Right, it's fixed at Saturday 14th, 14 UTC! (21h30 from now!)
Deryck
On Apr 13, 2012 10:34 PM, "Pete Forsyth" <peteforsyth [at] gmail> wrote:

> I believe we are going with the original published time. The decision was
> made long ago, despite some recent discussion that did not reslt in a
> change.
>
> Pete
> On Apr 13, 2012 5:14 AM, "Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu)" <
> jerry.tschan.yu [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> Only a little more than 24 hrs than original scheduled time
>>
>> ANY decision from the jury?
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 09:32, Deryck Chan <deryckchan [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>>> But the IRC room topic still says 14 Apr 14:00 UTC!

>> --
>> Jeromy-Yu Chan, Jerry
>> http://yuyu.be/txt
>> http://about.me/jeromyu
>> UID: Jeromyu
>> (on Facebook, Twitter, Plurk & most sites)
>>
>> Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
>> Οὔτε τι τῶν ἀνθρωπίνων ἄξιον ὂν μεγάλης σπουδῆς

manuel.schneider at wikimedia

Re: Change of time for second IRC meeting [In reply to]

Am 13.04.2012 18:30, schrieb Deryck Chan:
> Right, it's fixed at Saturday 14th, 14 UTC! (21h30 from now!)

ok, just in case - I confirm my presence for Saturday 14th, 14 UTC!

/Manuel
--
Regards
Manuel Schneider

Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Frderung Freien Wissens
www.wikimedia.ch