Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

Looking for admins attending

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

deltaquadwiki at gmail

Mar 7, 2012, 12:18 AM

Looking for admins attending

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for administrators willing to be part of a panel on editor
retention and administrative actions. The questions asked on the panel
will revolve around basic administrative action towards new editors. If
you wish I can provide a list of relative questions that will be asked
soon enough. I am looking for one administrator maximum per project. If
you are interested please drop me an email. I am particularly (but not
at all limiting) interested in other language projects if people are
available.

Thanks, --DQ

--
DeltaQuad
English Wikipedia Administrator

though.poppies.blow at gmail

Mar 7, 2012, 12:20 AM

Re: Looking for admins attending [In reply to]

For clarification, this is re a submission to Wikimania 2012.

(I'm interested, as you know. )

Sonia

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM, DeltaQuad <deltaquadwiki [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm looking for administrators willing to be part of a panel on editor
> retention and administrative actions. The questions asked on the panel
> will revolve around basic administrative action towards new editors. If
> you wish I can provide a list of relative questions that will be asked
> soon enough. I am looking for one administrator maximum per project. If
> you are interested please drop me an email. I am particularly (but not
> at all limiting) interested in other language projects if people are
> available.
>
> Thanks, --DQ
>
> --
> DeltaQuad
> English Wikipedia Administrator

lodewijk at effeietsanders

Mar 7, 2012, 12:23 AM

Re: Looking for admins attending [In reply to]

Hi, DQ, are you limiting yourself to the English Wikipedia or all projects?
I think such a panel would mainly be interesting if you have a wide
diversity.

Lodewijk

No dia 7 de Março de 2012 09:20, Sonia Newton-Shostakovich <
though.poppies.blow [at] gmail> escreveu:

> For clarification, this is re a submission to Wikimania 2012.
>
> (I'm interested, as you know. )
>
> Sonia
>

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM, DeltaQuad <deltaquadwiki [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I'm looking for administrators willing to be part of a panel on editor
>> retention and administrative actions. The questions asked on the panel
>> will revolve around basic administrative action towards new editors. If
>> you wish I can provide a list of relative questions that will be asked
>> soon enough. I am looking for one administrator maximum per project. If
>> you are interested please drop me an email. I am particularly (but not
>> at all limiting) interested in other language projects if people are
>> available.
>>
>> Thanks, --DQ
>>
>> --
>> DeltaQuad
>> English Wikipedia Administrator

nemowiki at gmail

Mar 7, 2012, 12:33 AM

Re: Looking for admins attending [In reply to]

Lodewijk, 07/03/2012 09:23:
> Hi, DQ, are you limiting yourself to the English Wikipedia or all
> projects? I think such a panel would mainly be interesting if you have a
> wide diversity.

+1
You say "one administrator maximum per project" but I don't understand
if you mean "per language edition of Wikipedia", "per English language
project" or literally per any Wikimedia project.
We're as always confused by our own terminology. ;-)

Nemo

deltaquadwiki at gmail

Mar 7, 2012, 12:45 AM

Re: Looking for admins attending [In reply to]

Sorry about that ;) per project --> per language per project. I just am
trying to keep the number reasonable, so aka I could have 1 from enwiki,
1 from frwiki, 1 frwikiquote, and 1 from enwikiquote. But that is just
an example. Thanks for clarifying that :)

On 07/03/2012 03:33, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> Lodewijk, 07/03/2012 09:23:
>> Hi, DQ, are you limiting yourself to the English Wikipedia or all
>> projects? I think such a panel would mainly be interesting if you have a
>> wide diversity.
>
> +1
> You say "one administrator maximum per project" but I don't understand
> if you mean "per language edition of Wikipedia", "per English language
> project" or literally per any Wikimedia project.
> We're as always confused by our own terminology. ;-)
>
> Nemo

deryckchan at gmail

Mar 7, 2012, 6:10 AM

Re: Looking for admins attending [In reply to]

DeltaQuad,

I'm admin on both en.wp and zh-yue.wp, and will come to Wikimania again
this year if I get the funding.

I'm happy to join the panel (so that I'll have a submission myself!),
because I was going to submit a panel on comparison between major and minor
language Wikipedias, but two of my main potential co-panelists told me they
aren't attending this year...

Deryck

On 7 March 2012 08:45, DeltaQuad <deltaquadwiki [at] gmail> wrote:

> Sorry about that ;) per project --> per language per project. I just am
> trying to keep the number reasonable, so aka I could have 1 from enwiki,
> 1 from frwiki, 1 frwikiquote, and 1 from enwikiquote. But that is just
> an example. Thanks for clarifying that :)
>
> DeltaQuad
> English Wikipedia Administrator
>

> On 07/03/2012 03:33, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> > Lodewijk, 07/03/2012 09:23:
> >> Hi, DQ, are you limiting yourself to the English Wikipedia or all
> >> projects? I think such a panel would mainly be interesting if you have a
> >> wide diversity.
> >
> > +1
> > You say "one administrator maximum per project" but I don't understand
> > if you mean "per language edition of Wikipedia", "per English language
> > project" or literally per any Wikimedia project.
> > We're as always confused by our own terminology. ;-)
> >
> > Nemo

dsvyas at gmail

Mar 7, 2012, 2:29 PM

Looking for admins attending [In reply to]

Hi DQ,

Please count me in. I am admin on gu.wikipedia, one of the indic languages.

Regards,
Dhaval

Hi

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm looking for administrators willing to be part of a panel on editor
> retention and administrative actions. The questions asked on the panel
> will revolve around basic administrative action towards new editors. If
> you wish I can provide a list of relative questions that will be asked
> soon enough. I am looking for one administrator maximum per project. If
> you are interested please drop me an email. I am particularly (but not
> at all limiting) interested in other language projects if people are
> available.
>
> Thanks, --DQ
>
> --
> DeltaQuad
> English Wikipedia Administrator

deltaquadwiki at gmail

Mar 10, 2012, 12:38 PM

Re: Looking for admins attending [In reply to]

Thank you to all who I have received requests for. I will confirm each
of you by email before the 16th, when submissions are due. I will be
getting a page up soon with some of the questions and the participants.
I hope to include as many people as I can, so if your still interested,
please continue to let me know. If I reach a point where I need to start
filtering, I will have to go with the people who interact with new users
more, and have the other as a backup.

Sorry for the delay, I got real busy this week, and one of those days
got nuked by a sick day.

On 07/03/2012 03:20, Sonia Newton-Shostakovich wrote:
> For clarification, this is re a submission to Wikimania 2012.
>
> (I'm interested, as you know. )
>
> Sonia
>
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM, DeltaQuad <deltaquadwiki [at] gmail
> <mailto:deltaquadwiki [at] gmail>> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm looking for administrators willing to be part of a panel on editor
> retention and administrative actions. The questions asked on the panel
> will revolve around basic administrative action towards new
> editors. If
> you wish I can provide a list of relative questions that will be asked
> soon enough. I am looking for one administrator maximum per
> project. If
> you are interested please drop me an email. I am particularly (but not
> at all limiting) interested in other language projects if people are
> available.
>
> Thanks, --DQ
>
> --
> DeltaQuad
> English Wikipedia Administrator

newyorkbrad at gmail

Mar 10, 2012, 4:04 PM

Re: Looking for admins attending [In reply to]

DeltaQuad:

I will be attending Wikimania and would be very glad to participate on
this panel, although I suspect that the En-WP seat is already spoken
for.

Newyorkbrad

On 3/7/12, DeltaQuad <deltaquadwiki [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm looking for administrators willing to be part of a panel on editor
> retention and administrative actions. The questions asked on the panel
> will revolve around basic administrative action towards new editors. If
> you wish I can provide a list of relative questions that will be asked
> soon enough. I am looking for one administrator maximum per project. If
> you are interested please drop me an email. I am particularly (but not
> at all limiting) interested in other language projects if people are
> available.
>
> Thanks, --DQ
>
> --
> DeltaQuad
> English Wikipedia Administrator

deltaquadwiki at gmail

Mar 20, 2012, 6:31 PM

Re: Looking for admins attending [In reply to]

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone on this.

If you replied to me by email, and are an admin (if I could find your
username, and your SUL), then you have made it onto
[[w:en:User:DeltaQuad/Wikimania/Admin Panel]] <-- that list. It does
have preliminary questions for those on the panel to answer, and I will
need to have back in about a months time. If you are an administrator on
another wiki, please email me and I will get you on that list. If you
add yourself, that's fine too, just expect a talkpage notice from me to
make sure we have everything sorted out. I still do note that any more
than one per wiki, and I will take the person who deals with new editors
more, and schedule the others for backups.

(I also just noticed that the submission requirement wants *over* 300
words, not under, so i'll be fixing that now ;) )

On 07/03/2012 03:18, DeltaQuad wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm looking for administrators willing to be part of a panel on editor
> retention and administrative actions. The questions asked on the panel
> will revolve around basic administrative action towards new editors. If
> you wish I can provide a list of relative questions that will be asked
> soon enough. I am looking for one administrator maximum per project. If
> you are interested please drop me an email. I am particularly (but not
> at all limiting) interested in other language projects if people are
> available.
>
> Thanks, --DQ

deltaquadwiki at gmail

Re: Looking for admins attending [Reminder] [In reply to]

This is a reminder to all indicated participants that I need your
answers to the questions by next Wednesday (the 18th). If this is not a
good time for you, and need a little extra time, please let me know by
talkpage or by email as soon as possible.

I still am looking for a preferred contact page from (I'm assuming your
most active wiki at this point in time):
*WereSpielChequers
*Srikeit
*Steven Walling
*Newyorkbrad

Still looking for answers from:
*WereSpielChequers
*Srikeit
*Steven Walling
*Newyorkbrad
*Deryck Chan
*MikeLynch
*Jojit fb
*Dsvyas
*Subha

Thank you to Sonia and Beria for your answers :D

For those still looking to participate, but have not signed up, are *an
administrator* and that *wiki is not already covered*, please take a
look at [[w:en:User:DeltaQuad/Wikimania/Admin Panel]] and sign up. This
is the final week.

I will also be spamming your user talkpages with this message through
your PCP (preferred contact page) just in case this doesn't get to you.

Thanks again,