Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

Request for your Wikipedian Wisdom

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

taylorluker1 at gmail

Jan 16, 2012, 11:35 AM

Request for your Wikipedian Wisdom

I have a idea very similar to Wikipedia (but also very different) and was
wondering if you’d be kind enough to review it (attached- 1 page). My
idea involves technology, organizations and non-profit stuff.

I welcome any/all feedback in any medium. Please tear it up alive, you
can’t hurt my feelings.

Thank you so much for considering! This means the world to me. I thank you
advance-- I am forever indebted.

Luke
Attachments: Idea.doc (26.5 KB)

nawrich at gmail

Jan 16, 2012, 11:47 AM

Re: Request for your Wikipedian Wisdom [In reply to]

What's an example of a social problem that has been largely solved or
improved by a community that is primarily virtual?

A million full-time work year equivalents is over 2 billion hours per
year. Is there a scale equivalent of this effort that you can point
to? As in, is that about the same number of work-hours it might take
to rebuild Manhattan in 6 months? Or about the amount of volunteer
hours committed to the organizations under the ICRC?