Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

Use your smartphone in a smart way

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

maartendeneckere+wikimania at gmail

Aug 6, 2011, 12:39 AM

Use your smartphone in a smart way

Hey,

I'd like to thank everyone that attended the mapping party yesterday
evening. We did a great job, both in mapping the surroundings and engage
more people in into the project. You can see a partially updated version
here<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=32.80372&lon=34.98635&zoom=17&layers=M>
.

Just a hint: if you have some spare time, and want to help the project, you
can map your surroundings by using the
"Mapzen<http://mapzen.cloudmade.com/>"-app
for your smartphone.

Grtz,
Maarten

rupert.thurner at gmail

Aug 6, 2011, 6:02 AM

Re: Use your smartphone in a smart way [In reply to]

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 09:39, maarten deneckere
<maartendeneckere+wikimania [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'd like to thank everyone that attended the mapping party yesterday
> evening. We did a great job, both in mapping the surroundings and engage
> more people in into the project. You can see a partially updated version
> here.
>
> Just a hint: if you have some spare time, and want to help the project, you
> can map your surroundings by using the "Mapzen"-app for your smartphone.

could you elaborate a little bit on mapzen. it seems it is on a
company website and you enter a dedicated community?

rupert