Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

book a flight to Tel-Aviv, please

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

amir.aharoni at mail

book a flight to Tel-Aviv, please

Several people asked me for help booking a flight to Haifa, because
their favorite flight booking websites and travel agents couldn't find
any flight to the airport of the city which will host this year's
Wikimania.

The answer is: Please book a flight to Tel-Aviv (TLV). After you
arrive to Tel-Aviv, take ground transportation to Haifa.

I edited the page about transportation in the conference website accordingly.
(Link: http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Local_information/Transportation
)

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
"We're living in pieces,
 I want to live in peace." - T. Moore

jerry.tschan.yu at gmail

Re: book a flight to Tel-Aviv, please [In reply to]

I knew these fact, and thx for reminding again

but an issue we need to seek advice is
as we tend to take EL-AL direct flight to reach Tel Aviv
and the flight arrived at 2310 in Ben Gurion Airport

so I am pretty puzzle what to when I reach there

a. take an overnight train, but will the hotel open for check in?
b. Find a hotel in Tel Aviv?
c. Stay in the airport whole night?
d. Take a taxi directly to the Hotel?

I know it is a bit early, but I would have some general idea first,
which might affect my choice on airlines, thx!

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 01:29, Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.aharoni [at] mail>wrote:

> Several people asked me for help booking a flight to Haifa, because
> their favorite flight booking websites and travel agents couldn't find
> any flight to the airport of the city which will host this year's
> Wikimania.
>
> The answer is: Please book a flight to Tel-Aviv (TLV). After you
> arrive to Tel-Aviv, take ground transportation to Haifa.
>
> I edited the page about transportation in the conference website
> accordingly.
> (Link:
> http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Local_information/Transportation
> )

> http://aharoni.wordpress.com
> "We're living in pieces,
> I want to live in peace." - T. Moore

Jeromy-Yu Chan, Jerry
http://about.me/jeromyu/bio
UID: Jeromyu
(on Facebook, Twitter, Plurk & most sites)

Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
Trotz dem alten Drachen

harel.cain at gmail

Re: book a flight to Tel-Aviv, please [In reply to]

These things are better discussed on the wiki or in mails with the OTRS
queues.

The hotels have 24 hour reception, but make sure you mark that night as a
night you need accommodation on the registration form.
The dorms will be able to receive you during the night too, we'll prepare
for that. We'll provide details on how to get the dorm key room for people
arriving at the wee hours. You'll probably need to pick it up from our "war
room" with location TBD (maybe even at the airport).

There are trains from the airport to Haifa all night long, of course with
lower frequency during night.

No need for you to stay in the airport the whole night (!!).

There are shuttle van taxis going from the airport to Haifa, these might
prove a better option, especially for a big group coming together. Details
are available on the wiki.

Harel