Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

Wikimania 2012 Bidding - Introduction

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

josephseddon at gmail

Nov 9, 2010, 8:23 PM

Wikimania 2012 Bidding - Introduction

Dear all

Just wanted to make a quick announcement. Following the departure of Cary I
have volunteered to coordinate the Wikimania 2012 bidding. I personally
only see this role as temporary thing since I would like to see the numerous
discussions on a permanent wikimania advisory group come to fruition as
quickly as possible. In terms of what my role description is, it will be
similar to what Cary has done in previous year which is to form a jury, set
the timeline for the bidding period, to ensure that the bidding process
remains a smooth and efficient process and preferably run to schedule.

I have already made adjustments to the bidding timeline and hopefully Ill
have the jury formed within the next few weeks. Following this email, there
will be a call to the community for people to put themselves forward to join
the jury along with a timeline for the upcoming bidding period.

If anyone has any questions feel free to drop me an email to:

josephseddon{at}googlemail.com

I look forward to seeing another round of bidding filled with fastastic high
quality bids.

Yours

Joseph Seddon
Wikimania 2012 Bidding Coordinator

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded