Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

calling all Wikimanians

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

m.kill at tcu

Jul 15, 2010, 9:28 AM

calling all Wikimanians

Thanks to everyone for making my first Wikimania a truly wonderful experience! It was such a pleasure to meet so many of you. For those of you I didn’t meet, my name is Melanie Kill and I am an academic researcher studying Wikipedia as an encyclopedia. My research examines how the genre of the encyclopedia is being defined and redefined by the global community that writes, edits, and manages Wikipedia.

If you haven’t already, I invite you to participate by completing the survey at http://www.whatiswikipedia.com. The survey should take about 15-25 minutes to complete, and your involvement is entirely voluntary and confidential.

In addition to my gratitude, I will be giving away an iPod Shuffle to a lucky survey participant.

Please email me at m.kill [at] tcu if you have any questions. Many thanks in advance for your help!

Melanie Kill, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Rhetoric & Composition
Department of English
Texas Christian University

saintonge at telus

Jul 15, 2010, 10:56 AM

Re: calling all Wikimanians [In reply to]

I regret that I did not meet you again after the first day.  I really would have liked to talk more with you.  At the moment I am visiting my brother in Germany, and needing to use AOL to communicate.  I should be back home on the 19th.  After that I hope that I will be able to find your comments in my archives.  If not don't hesitarte to drop me a reminder.

Ray,

The greybeard with his own collection of encyclopædias.

If you haven’t already, I invite you to participate by completing the survey at http://www.whatiswikipedia.com."]http://www.whatiswikipedia.com. The survey should take about 15-25 minutes to complete, and your involvement is entirely voluntary and confidential.