Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: WikiMania

Wikimania slides uploaded and organized at Slideshare - feel free to join!

Wikipedia wikimania RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jakob.voss at s1999

Jul 7, 2010, 2:23 PM

Wikimania slides uploaded and organized at Slideshare - feel free to join!

Hi

After uploading my presentation slides to Slideshare I created a
"Wikimania2010" event: http://www.slideshare.net/event/wikimania2010

If you also publish your slides at Slideshare, please add them to this
event (join the event and select "More?" at the top right of your
slide view to do so). I do not want to promote Slideshare but any
simple place to put your slides online is better then not putting them
online (or waiting too long) - it's just one way to do it and I found
many slides from the last years but all unordered.

Cheers
Jakob

roan.kattouw at gmail

Jul 8, 2010, 2:20 AM

Re: Wikimania slides uploaded and organized at Slideshare - feel free to join! [In reply to]

2010/7/7 Jakob <jakob.voss [at] s1999>:
> Hi
>
> After uploading my presentation slides to Slideshare I created
> "Wikimania2010" event: http://www.slideshare.net/event/wikimania2010
>
> If you also publish your slides at Slideshare, please add them to this
> event (join the event and select "More?" at the top right of your
> slide view to do so). I do not want to promote Slideshare but any
> simple place to put your slides online is better then not putting them
> online (or waiting too long) - it's just one way to do it and I found
> many slides from the last years but all unordered.

If your presentation is under a free license, it would be nice if you
could upload it to Wikimedia Commons, preferably as a PDF file.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

werespielchequers at googlemail

Jul 9, 2010, 12:38 AM

Re: Wikimania slides uploaded and organized at Slideshare - feel free to join! [In reply to]

On 8 July 2010 10:20, Roan Kattouw <roan.kattouw [at] gmail> wrote:
> 2010/7/7 Jakob <jakob.voss [at] s1999>:
>> Hi
>>
>> After uploading my presentation slides to Slideshare I created
>> "Wikimania2010" event: http://www.slideshare.net/event/wikimania2010
>>
>> If you also publish your slides at Slideshare, please add them to this
>> event (join the event and select "More?" at the top right of your
>> slide view to do so). I do not want to promote Slideshare but any
>> simple place to put your slides online is better then not putting them
>> online (or waiting too long) - it's just one way to do it and I found
>> many slides from the last years but all unordered.
>>
> If your presentation is under a free license, it would be nice if you
> could upload it to Wikimedia Commons, preferably as a PDF file.
>
> Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

OK what category do you want us to use?

--
WereSpielChequers

roan.kattouw at gmail

Jul 10, 2010, 5:14 AM

Re: Wikimania slides uploaded and organized at Slideshare - feel free to join! [In reply to]

2010/7/9 WereSpielChequers <werespielchequers [at] googlemail>:
>> If your presentation is under a free license, it would be nice if you
>> could upload it to Wikimedia Commons, preferably as a PDF file.
> OK what category do you want us to use?

I am not an expert on Commons by any means, but I think we used
[[Category:Wikimania 2009 presentations]] last year, so something
along those lines I guess.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

guillom.pom at gmail

Jul 11, 2010, 7:53 AM

Re: Wikimania slides uploaded and organized at Slideshare - feel free to join! [In reply to]

Hi,

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2010_presentations

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]

zugravu.gheorghe at gmail

Jul 11, 2010, 10:51 AM

Re: Wikimania slides uploaded and organized at Slideshare - feel free to join! [In reply to]

Hello,

does somebody knows when will be the video uploaded online?

the best,
/gheorghe

On 11.07.2010 17:53, Guillaume Paumier wrote:
> Hi,

>>> OK what category do you want us to use?
>>>
>> I am not an expert on Commons by any means, but I think we used
>> [[Category:Wikimania 2009 presentations]] last year, so something
>> along those lines I guess.
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2010_presentations

roan.kattouw at gmail

Jul 12, 2010, 2:27 AM

Re: Wikimania slides uploaded and organized at Slideshare - feel free to join! [In reply to]

2010/7/11 Zugravu Gheorghe <zugravu.gheorghe [at] gmail>:
> Hello,
>
> does somebody knows when will be the video uploaded online?

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2010-July/048293.html

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)