Show Pages by pageid not by title

jens.alb at gmx

Aug 8, 2012, 2:37 AM

Show Pages by pageid not by title

Hi,

is there a way to show a page not by using the title-form
"index.php/Main_Page" but instead by using the page id like
"index.php?pageid=X" ?

I hope you get what I mean! Sorry for bad english.

Regards

ialex.wiki at gmail

Aug 8, 2012, 3:03 AM

Re: Show Pages by pageid not by title [In reply to]

Hello,

Use "index.php?curid=X".

Cheers!

Alexandre Emsenhuber

Le 8 août 2012 à 11:37, Jens Albrecht a écrit :

> Hi,
>

> is there a way to show a page not by using the title-form
> "index.php/Main_Page" but instead by using the page id like
> "index.php?pageid=X" ?
>
> I hope you get what I mean! Sorry for bad english.
>

> Regards

jens.alb at gmx

Aug 8, 2012, 3:30 AM

Re: Show Pages by pageid not by title [In reply to]

Hi,

thank you very much!
Are there any other request-parameters that can be passed to the index.php?
Or is there a documentation of those parameters, because I cant fight this
Information in the Wiki and Help Sites.

Le 8 août 2012 à 11:37, Jens Albrecht a écrit :

> Hi,
>

> is there a way to show a page not by using the title-form
> "index.php/Main_Page" but instead by using the page id like
> "index.php?pageid=X" ?
>
> I hope you get what I mean! Sorry for bad english.
>

> Regards

alexis.moinet at umons

Aug 8, 2012, 4:35 AM

Re: Show Pages by pageid not by title [In reply to]

On 08/08/12 12:30, Jens Albrecht wrote :
> Hi,
>
> thank you very much!
> Are there any other request-parameters that can be passed to the index.php?
> Or is there a documentation of those parameters, because I cant fight this
> Information in the Wiki and Help Sites.

this page can be a starting point, but it says it's not complete:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Parameters_to_index.php

Alexis

lists at nadir-seen-fire

Aug 9, 2012, 12:09 AM

Re: Show Pages by pageid not by title [In reply to]

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 02:37:39 -0700, Jens Albrecht <jens.alb [at] gmx> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> is there a way to show a page not by using the title-form
> "index.php/Main_Page" but instead by using the page id like
> "index.php?pageid=X" ?
>
> I hope you get what I mean! Sorry for bad english.
>

> Regards

&curid= should work.

However you should avoid it as much as possible. There are multiple
situations where the page id for one page can change.