how to make references to wikipedia?

chiaradiamarcelo at gmail

Jul 4, 2012, 5:13 PM

how to make references to wikipedia?

Hello,

I have a the following question / need:

I would like to make in my pages some references to wikipedia pages.
Something like [[ text_to_show_in_my_page | wikipedia_name_page ]]

Is this possible somehow? do I need some extension or how can i acomplish
this?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.

krenair at gmail

Jul 4, 2012, 5:16 PM

Re: how to make references to wikipedia? [In reply to]

On 05/07/12 01:13, Marcelo Chiaradía wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a the following question / need:
>
> I would like to make in my pages some references to wikipedia pages.
> Something like [[ text_to_show_in_my_page | wikipedia_name_page ]]
>
> Is this possible somehow? do I need some extension or how can i acomplish
> this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marcelo.

[[wikipedia:wikipedia_title|your_text]]

schneelocke at gmail

Jul 4, 2012, 5:16 PM

Re: how to make references to wikipedia? [In reply to]

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Marcelo Chiaradía
<chiaradiamarcelo [at] gmail> wrote:
> I have a the following question / need:
>
> I would like to make in my pages some references to wikipedia pages.
> Something like [[ text_to_show_in_my_page | wikipedia_name_page ]]
>
> Is this possible somehow? do I need some extension or how can i acomplish
> this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

You should be able to do this:

[[wikipedia:Main Page|link to Wikipedia]]

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Interwiki has more information.

--
schnee

chiaradiamarcelo at gmail

Jul 4, 2012, 5:23 PM

Re: how to make references to wikipedia? [In reply to]

Thanks a lot!