admin at t4b
Jun 25, 2012, 9:54 AM
Post #4 of 5
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Re: Strange cookie problems when registering/logging in
[In reply to]
On 25.06.2012 18:15, Krenair wrote:
> Have you tried using diff to reveal what is different between your
> clean version of MediaWiki and the broken one you've been given?
> On 25/06/12 17:08, Lukas Bürgi wrote:
> I volunteered to administrate a wiki which was left to itself for
> quite some time. The previous admin left in a bad way and it's
> possible he messed stuff up purposefully before he left. So I
> upgraded the wiki to 1.19.1 by copying the LocalSettings.php over
> to a folder containing 1.19.1, then commenting out all stuff by
> the old admin I didn't like and then using the web updater. The
> wiki is running at the moment, but I have one problem: When I try
> to register a test account, it doesn't work:
>>>> The user account was not created, as we could not confirm
>>>> its source. Ensure you have cookies enabled, reload this page
>>>> and try again.
> When trying to log into my existing account, I get
>>>> disabled. Please enable them and try again.
> But cookies are enabled. I even tried another browser to be sure.
> The server also has no problems with cookies in principle: I wrote
> a test script (see http://wiki.openpandora.de/myCookieTest.php) and
> I could set cookies from there just fine. I also read about the
> config option to disable the cookie check, so I put the following
> line into my LocalSettings.php: $wgDisableCookieCheck=true; But
> that doesn't change anything. I've also redownloaded MediaWiki,
> checked whether the downloaded archive was correct, unpacked it and
> reuploaded all files again to be sure there are no problems there.
> So now I've kinda run out of ideas what might be the problem. If
> you want to see yourself, the wiki is located there:
> http://wiki.openpandora.de/index.php?title=Spezial:Anmelden There
> are also some problems with some (not all) thumbnails (see the
> mainpage), but I haven't really looked into that, it's far down my
> priority list at the moment.
>> _______________________________________________ MediaWiki-l
>> mailing list MediaWiki-l [at] lists
Hmm, I don't think this can work. It seems I wasn't clear enough, but
I got a wiki which was full of spam and was on version 1.15. So I made
a clean new install of 1.19.1 by putting the 1.19.1 files in a new
folder and copying the old LocalSettings.php over, editing it to my
liking (leaving the database the same) and running the web updater.
Then I removed the old wiki and moved the new install to where the old
one had been.
And this new install now has the described problems. They weren't
there with the old version, never had problems logging in before.
So I don't have two versions which are identical but for the problems,
if I had them your idea would of course be good.
It only makes sense to diff the LocalSettings.php files, that's a good
idea, maybe something springs to my eye that way which I didn't see
till now. But I just did that and I really think my LocalSettings.php
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
MediaWiki-l mailing list
MediaWiki-l [at] lists