How to add add "My sandbox" in personal url section as en.wikipedia.org does?

cychau at gmail

How to add add "My sandbox" in personal url section as en.wikipedia.org does?

The logon account in en.wikipedia.org page has "My sandbox" link in top
left part.

How can I do that in my private mediawiki site? Is there any extension to
do so?

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Chau Chee Yang

srik.lak at gmail

Re: How to add add "My sandbox" in personal url section as en.wikipedia.org does? [In reply to]

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Chee-Yang Chau <cychau [at] gmail> wrote:

> The logon account in en.wikipedia.org page has "My sandbox" link in top
> left part.
>
> How can I do that in my private mediawiki site? Is there any extension to
> do so?

"My sandbox" is done as a Gadget[1]. You should have gadget extension[2]
installed and need to create corresponding entries[3][4] in your wiki.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-mySandbox.js
[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Gadgets
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-mySandbox
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadgets-definition

--
Regards
Srikanth.L

stipen.treublatt at gmx

Re: How to add add "My sandbox" in personal url section as en.wikipedia.org does? [In reply to]

Or you could just copy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-mySandbox.js

into your common.js...

Re: How to add add "My sandbox" in personal url section as en.wikipedia.org does? [In reply to]

Thanks. It's cool.

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik.lak [at] gmail>wrote:

> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Chee-Yang Chau <cychau [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> > The logon account in en.wikipedia.org page has "My sandbox" link in top
> > left part.
> >
> > How can I do that in my private mediawiki site? Is there any extension
> > do so?
> >

> "My sandbox" is done as a Gadget[1]. You should have gadget extension[2]
> installed and need to create corresponding entries[3][4] in your wiki.
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-mySandbox.js
> [2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Gadgets
> [3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-mySandbox
> [3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadgets-definition