After update to 1.18.2 using a custom skin we get a js error 'mw is not defined'

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

burobjorn at gmail

After update to 1.18.2 using a custom skin we get a js error 'mw is not defined'

Hi,

I'm maintaining a wiki[1] with a custom skin and since the update to
1.18.2 we miss the edit toolbar and search suggestions do not work
anymore. I presume this is due to javascript failing as we do get a
javascript error 'mw is not defined'. Can somebody tell me where I can
find more info on how to include Javascript in custom skins nowadays?

Btw the skin is quite old and probably needs more work to make it adhere
to the current MW standards. I've tried to find a document which lists
changes in how skins are being used in MW nowadays, but only found this
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Skinning which states it's outdated and
should not be used anymore. Is there more up-to-date information
available? Something along the lines of:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

[1] http://http://beeldengeluidwiki.nl

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

grtz
BjornW