Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: Mediawiki

problem backing up wiki (mysql based)

 

 

Wikipedia mediawiki RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


tony.molloy at ul

Apr 24, 2012, 5:13 AM

Post #1 of 4 (457 views)
Permalink
problem backing up wiki (mysql based)

Hi,

I recently upgraded our wiki to mw-1.18.1. It uses a mysql database.

As part of our backup script I run the following command:

php /var/www/html/wikidir/maintenance/dumpBackup.php
--full > $DBDIR/mysqldb-contents-$DATE.xml

This gives the following error since the upgrade:

PHP Notice: Undefined property: BackupDumper::$revStartId in
/var/www/html/mediawiki-1.18.1/maintenance/backup.inc on line 213

2012-04-23 23:05:03: wikidb (ID 15586) 37 pages (461.9|461.9/sec
all|curr), 100 revs (1248.4|1248.3/sec all|curr), ETA 2012-04-23
23:05:03 [max 365]
<snip>

Then it proceeds with the backup.

How can I get rid of the Undefined property.

Thanks,

Tony

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
MediaWiki-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l


Platonides at gmail

Apr 26, 2012, 12:40 PM

Post #2 of 4 (428 views)
Permalink
Re: problem backing up wiki (mysql based) [In reply to]

On 24/04/12 14:13, Tony Molloy wrote:
> Then it proceeds with the backup.
>
> How can I get rid of the Undefined property.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony

This was fixed in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/3721
You will need to apply that patch manually. I have added it for 1.19 in
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/5926


PS: Remember that dumpBackup.php doesn't perform a full backup of the
whole wiki, only of the wiki pages.



_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
MediaWiki-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l


tony.molloy at ul

Apr 27, 2012, 10:36 AM

Post #3 of 4 (435 views)
Permalink
Re: problem backing up wiki (mysql based) [In reply to]

On Thursday 26 April 2012 20:40:04 Platonides wrote:
> On 24/04/12 14:13, Tony Molloy wrote:
> > Then it proceeds with the backup.
> >
> > How can I get rid of the Undefined property.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tony
>
> This was fixed in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/3721
> You will need to apply that patch manually. I have added it for
> 1.19 in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/5926
>

I've applied the patch. I'll see how it goes tonight.
>
> PS: Remember that dumpBackup.php doesn't perform a full backup of
> the whole wiki, only of the wiki pages.
>

That's ok. I backup the database and the rest of the wiki separately
as well.

Thanks,

Tony
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> MediaWiki-l [at] lists
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
MediaWiki-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l


tony.molloy at ul

Apr 28, 2012, 7:18 AM

Post #4 of 4 (434 views)
Permalink
Re: problem backing up wiki (mysql based) [In reply to]

On Friday 27 April 2012 18:36:58 Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Thursday 26 April 2012 20:40:04 Platonides wrote:
> > On 24/04/12 14:13, Tony Molloy wrote:
> > > Then it proceeds with the backup.
> > >
> > > How can I get rid of the Undefined property.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Tony
> >
> > This was fixed in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/3721
> > You will need to apply that patch manually. I have added it for
> > 1.19 in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/5926
>
> I've applied the patch. I'll see how it goes tonight.

It worked. Thanks,

Tony
>
> > PS: Remember that dumpBackup.php doesn't perform a full backup of
> > the whole wiki, only of the wiki pages.
>
> That's ok. I backup the database and the rest of the wiki
> separately as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony
>
> > _______________________________________________
> > MediaWiki-l mailing list
> > MediaWiki-l [at] lists
> > https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> MediaWiki-l [at] lists
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
MediaWiki-l [at] lists
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l

Wikipedia mediawiki RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.