git checkout of all extensions

Hello,

is there an easy way of checking out all extensions with git? It seems
to be possible with SVN, but git only allows checkout of individual
extensions.

Thanks,
Florian

krenair at gmail

Re: git checkout of all extensions [In reply to]

I'm using a slightly customised (I changed it to update extension repos) version ofthis <http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/code-utils/clone-all.php?view=markup>.

Krenair

> Hello,
>
> is there an easy way of checking out all extensions with git? It seems
> to be possible with SVN, but git only allows checkout of individual
> extensions.
>
> Thanks,
> Florian

floeff at gmail

Re: git checkout of all extensions [In reply to]

Hi Krenair,

2012/4/24 Krenair <krenair [at] gmail>:

> I'm using a slightly customised (I changed it to update extension repos)
> version ofthis
>  <http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/code-utils/clone-all.php?view=markup>.

thanks a lot, this seems to work! Just a quick question: How do you
update the repo then? Re-running the script? git pull doesn't seem to
work.

Thanks,
Florian

krenair at gmail

Re: git checkout of all extensions [In reply to]

I have it run "git remote update" in existing extension repositories.

Krenair

> Hi Krenair,
>
> 2012/4/24 Krenair<krenair [at] gmail>:
>
>> I'm using a slightly customised (I changed it to update extension repos)
>> version ofthis
>> <http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/code-utils/clone-all.php?view=markup>.
> thanks a lot, this seems to work! Just a quick question: How do you
> update the repo then? Re-running the script? git pull doesn't seem to
> work.
>
> Thanks,
> Florian

Platonides at gmail

Re: git checkout of all extensions [In reply to]

> thanks a lot, this seems to work! Just a quick question: How do you
> update the repo then? Re-running the script? git pull doesn't seem to
> work.

In the same folder there is
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/code-utils/subgits?view=markup

Which performs a command on all git repos on a subtree.
So you just go to the folder where you cloned them and run:
subgits pull