Re: [Wikitech-l] Cutting MediaWiki loose from wikitext

daniel at brightbyte

Mar 27, 2012, 12:18 AM

On 27.03.2012 00:33, Tim Starling wrote:
> For the record: we've discussed this previously and I'm fine with it.
> It's a well thought-out proposal, and the only request I had was to
> ensure that the DB schema supports some similar projects that we have
> in the idea pile, like multiple parser versions.

Thanks Tim! The one important bit I'd like to hear from you is... do you think
it is feasible to get this not only implemented but also reviewed and deployed
by August?... We are on a tight schedule with Wikidata, and this functionality
is a major blocker.

I think implementing ContentHandlers for MediaWiki would have a lot of benefits
for the future, but if it's not feasible to get it in quickly, I have to think
of an alternative way to implement structured data storage.

Thanks
Daniel