bugzilla

nsk2 at wikinerds

Jan 16, 2005, 1:47 AM

bugzilla

How can I submit a bug in bugzilla without an account?

--
NSK
http://portal.wikinerds.org

brion at pobox

Jan 16, 2005, 1:53 AM

Re: bugzilla [In reply to]

On Jan 16, 2005, at 12:47 AM, NSK wrote:
> How can I submit a bug in bugzilla without an account?

You create an account.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Attachments: PGP.sig (0.18 KB)

hashar at twenkill

Jan 16, 2005, 2:16 AM

Re: bugzilla [In reply to]

nsk2 at wikinerds

Jan 16, 2005, 3:41 AM

Re: bugzilla [In reply to]

On Sunday 16 January 2005 10:53, Brion Vibber wrote:
> You create an account.

Users should be able to post bug reports quickly without an account.

Why is an account necessary?

Doesn't this requirement hinders the purpose of bugzilla?

--
NSK
http://portal.wikinerds.org

hashar at twenkill

Jan 16, 2005, 4:27 AM

Re: bugzilla [In reply to]

NSK wrote:
> Why is an account necessary?

So we can contact the bug reporter (request for more information,
testing again, wont fix ...).

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar

lists-MediaWiki-l at ira

Jan 16, 2005, 4:36 AM

Re: Re: bugzilla [In reply to]

Quoting NSK, from the post of Sun, 16 Jan:
> On Sunday 16 January 2005 13:27, Ashar Voultoiz wrote:
> > So we can contact the bug reporter
>
> It isn't needed.

then you probably don't need to report the bug either...

I've been using GNU/Linux for almost 11 years now, and I've reported
many bugs on many systems. I have never seen a system that did not
require registration, other than the Debian BTS, and that still requires
some identification (your Email).

Live with that.

--
Guardian of the galaxy
Ira Abramov

nsk2 at wikinerds

Jan 16, 2005, 4:38 AM

Re: Re: bugzilla [In reply to]

On Sunday 16 January 2005 13:27, Ashar Voultoiz wrote:
> So we can contact the bug reporter

It isn't needed.

--
NSK
http://portal.wikinerds.org

hashar at twenkill

Jan 16, 2005, 4:45 AM

Re: bugzilla [In reply to]

NSK wrote:
> On Sunday 16 January 2005 13:27, Ashar Voultoiz wrote:
>
>>So we can contact the bug reporter
>
> It isn't needed.

Lack of argument ? We want to contact bug reporter, so a contact is
needed. End of discussion.