(no subject)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All Wikipedia mediawiki RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

oswin-zier at gmx

Sep 16, 2004, 11:59 PM

(no subject)

hello,
after the complete installation and the first start of mediawiki I got an
error:

pear_error: message="XML_ERROR_INVALID_TOKEN in
/home/cgi/schule/zier/mediawiki/templates/xhtml_slim.pt around line 1"
code=0 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]

what's the problem??

with best regards
Oswin

--
NEU: GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

2.718281828 at gmail

Mar 9, 2005, 4:31 PM

Re: (no subject) [In reply to]

In late October, I posted about a Scot Hacker review on onlamp :
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/wlg/5794

A week later, the same site produced a much more comprehensive
overview of wikis:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/11/04/which_wiki.html

I don't know of any recent review-article that's itself on a mediawiki
site... but you always have
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_software
and
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiChoicetree

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:55:29 -0800, Erik Hermansen
<erikh [at] caravelgames> wrote:
> Sometime in the last four months, there was a post to a page describing
> various wikis and comparing them to MediaWiki. I've spent about a half
> hour looking through the mailing list archives unsuccessfully (gads, my
> poor eyeballs!). There was information in that particular article that I
> wanted. I think the article was found on a MediaWiki-hosted site. The
> author was working on some kind of wiki himself. Ring any bells?
>
> -Erik

+sj+

klint at klintcentral

Sep 28, 2006, 8:48 AM

Re: (no subject) [In reply to]

Hi,

In order to use the database method, you must do the following :

Imagine that the user you consider has a user_id = 10

try :

INSERT INTO user_groups (ug_user, ug_group) VALUES ( 10, 'bureaucrat');
INSERT INTO user_groups (ug_user, ug_group) VALUES ( 10, 'sysop');

But the best method is the one describer bellow :

[[Special:Userrights]]

Best Regards

Le 28 sept. 06 17:27, Justin Morgan a crit :

>> Dear Folks,
>>
>> Can someone place put in the values for me on this mysql query? I
> don't
>> know what needs to be changed.
>>
>>> mysql -u root -p
>> mysql> use wikidb;
>> mysql> UPDATE user SET user_rights='bureaucrat,sysop' WHERE
> user_name='The
>> Username';
>>
>> Username: Trintrin
>> Database: russianr_wiki
>> Is it necessary to put a password anywhere.
>
> Instead of using the database directly, log in to your wiki as
> WikiSysop
> (or whatever other root account you typed in during installation).
> Then
> go to 'Special Pages', scroll to the bottom, and click 'User rights
> management'. You should be able to figure it out from there.
>
> You could also navigate directly to [[Special:Userrights]] to do this.
>
> -Justin
>

> PRIVACY NOTICE
>
> This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or
> privileged. Use of the information contained in this email by
> anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If
> you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by
> replying to this message and delete this email.

anthony.smith at fedex

Feb 26, 2007, 7:35 AM

Re: (no subject) [In reply to]

Problem solved. When I looked at the file it had a <pre> </pre> tags in
it. I think it was the way I copied it.