Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Wikipedia: Foundation

[Wikimedia-l] In the News

 

 

Wikipedia foundation RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


michaeldavid86 at comcast

Aug 10, 2012, 1:51 PM

Post #1 of 4 (357 views)
Permalink
[Wikimedia-l] In the News

Folks, if this has already been brought to the List, please excuse the
repetition. If not, enjoy;

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/09/romneys-running-mate-some-say-
wikipedia-holds-the-answer/?nl=us&emc=edit_cn_20120810

Marc Riddell


_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
Wikimedia-l [at] lists
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l


fredbaud at fairpoint

Aug 10, 2012, 1:56 PM

Post #2 of 4 (351 views)
Permalink
Re: [Wikimedia-l] In the News [In reply to]

> Folks, if this has already been brought to the List, please excuse the
> repetition. If not, enjoy;
>
> http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/09/romneys-running-mate-some-say-
> wikipedia-holds-the-answer/?nl=us&emc=edit_cn_20120810
>
> Marc Riddell

They probably got that out of Wikipedia, see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney_presidential_campaign,_2012#Use_of_Wikipedia_for_divination

Fred



_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
Wikimedia-l [at] lists
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l


jamesmikedupont at googlemail

Aug 10, 2012, 2:08 PM

Post #3 of 4 (348 views)
Permalink
Re: [Wikimedia-l] In the News [In reply to]

I love it! great stuff! wikipedia edit heatmaps is what we need!

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud [at] fairpoint> wrote:
>> Folks, if this has already been brought to the List, please excuse the
>> repetition. If not, enjoy;
>>
>> http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/09/romneys-running-mate-some-say-
>> wikipedia-holds-the-answer/?nl=us&emc=edit_cn_20120810
>>
>> Marc Riddell
>
> They probably got that out of Wikipedia, see
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney_presidential_campaign,_2012#Use_of_Wikipedia_for_divination
>
> Fred
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list
> Wikimedia-l [at] lists
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l



--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
Saving wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com
Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
Wikimedia-l [at] lists
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l


mroth at wikimedia

Aug 10, 2012, 2:36 PM

Post #4 of 4 (348 views)
Permalink
Re: [Wikimedia-l] In the News [In reply to]

This one had legs this week. Here's a sample of the coverage following the
original report on Monday by Micah Sifry at Tech President. Once Colbert
jumped in, it led to another round of coverage through today. It's also
just now getting to the British press.

-Matthew


*
*
*Wikipedia | How to Spot Romney's VP Pick in Advance*
Tech President | 6 August 2012
http://techpresident.com/news/22680/how-spot-romneys-vice-president-pick-advance

*Further coverage:*

*Political Wire | Want to guess Romney's running mate? **(6 August 2012)*
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/08/06/want_to_guess_romneys_running_mate.html

*Politico | On veep selection, look to Wikipedia (6 August 2012)*
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media
/2012/08/on-veep-selection-look-to-wikipedia-131262.html

*Politico | Why Wikipedia isn't the veep oracle (7 August 2012)*
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media
/2012/08/why-wikipedia-isnt-the-veep-oracle-131322.html


*CNN | Looking to Wikipedia for clues about Romney's VP pick*
CNN | 9 August 2012
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/07/tech/web/romney-vp-pick-wikipedia/


*HuffPo | Romney's VP pick predicted through Wikipedia edits? (7 August
2012)*
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/will-wikipedia-predict-ro_n_1751782.html

*Mashable | Is Wikipedia the key to predicting Mitt Romney's VP? (7 August
2012)*
http://mashable.com/2012/08/07/wikipedia-romney-vice-president/

*Salt Lake Tribune | Will Wikipedia be a harbinger of Romney's VP pick? (7
August 2012)*
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsmoviecricket/54648634-66/wikipedia-pick-romney-presidential.html.csp

______________________________________________________________________________________

*Wikipedia | **Game Over: Wikipedia locks down potential VP pages in
response to Colbert mischief making*
Tech President | 8 August 2012
http://techpresident.com/news/22695/game-over-wikipedia-locks-down-potential-vp-pages-response-colbert-mischief-making

*Further coverage:*


*Politico | Wikipedia locks potential VP's pages (8 August 2012)*
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media
/2012/08/wikipedia-locks-possible-vps-pages-131458.html

*NYTimes The Caucus | Romney's running mate? Some say Wikipedia holds the
answer*
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/09/romneys-running-mate-some-say-wikipedia-holds-the-answer/

*LA Times | Possible VP picks' Wikipedia pages locked down amid editing
spree (8 August 2012)*
http://ur1.ca/9xhyw

*The Hill | Wikipedia locks down pages of VP contenders after excessive
edits (8 August 2012)*
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/242789-wikipedia-locks-down-pages-of-vp-contenders-after-excessive-edits

*ABC News | Colbert causes Wikipedia to lock down potential VP pages (9
August 2012)*
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/colbert-causes-wikipedia-to-lock-down-potential-vp-pages/

*HuffPo | Colbert's Pawlenty Wikipedia Prank (8 August 2012)*
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/colbert-pawlenty-wikipedia-romney-running-mate_n_1756205.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/wikipedia-romney-vp-stephen-colbert_n_1757554.html

*The Hollywood Reporter | Stephen Colbert's Wikipedia vice presidential
scheme short cirucuited (8 August 2012)*
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/stephen-colberts-wikipedia-vice-presidential-359985

*USA Today | Wikipedia locks the pages for potential Romney VPs (8 August
2012)*
http://ur1.ca/9xhyt

*Daily Mail | Wikipedia locks editing access... (8 August 2012)*
http://ur1.ca/9xhyr

*The Toronto Star | Wikipedia protects US vice presidential pages... (9
August 2012)*
http://ur1.ca/9xhzh





On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Mike Dupont <jamesmikedupont [at] googlemail
> wrote:

> I love it! great stuff! wikipedia edit heatmaps is what we need!
>
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud [at] fairpoint>
> wrote:
> >> Folks, if this has already been brought to the List, please excuse the
> >> repetition. If not, enjoy;
> >>
> >>
> http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/09/romneys-running-mate-some-say-
> >> wikipedia-holds-the-answer/?nl=us&emc=edit_cn_20120810
> >>
> >> Marc Riddell
> >
> > They probably got that out of Wikipedia, see
> >
> >
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney_presidential_campaign,_2012#Use_of_Wikipedia_for_divination
> >
> > Fred
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimedia-l mailing list
> > Wikimedia-l [at] lists
> > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
>
>
>
> --
> James Michael DuPont
> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
> Saving wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion
> http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com
> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list
> Wikimedia-l [at] lists
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
>



--

Matthew Roth
Global Communications
Wikimedia Foundation
+1.415.839.6885 ext 6635
www.wikimediafoundation.org
*https://donate.wikimedia.org*
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
Wikimedia-l [at] lists
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l

Wikipedia foundation RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.