[Wikimedia-l] IRC office hours with Sue Gardner, 5/11 at 17:00 UTC

swalling at wikimedia

[Wikimedia-l] IRC office hours with Sue Gardner, 5/11 at 17:00 UTC

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick note that Sue will be having her next office hours at
17:00 UTC on Friday. We haven't set a topic yet, but it's been some time
since her last IRC meeting, so I'm sure there will be plenty to talk about.
:)

As usual, docs are on Meta at:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours. Also note that if you
have a preference for a better time than morning work hours for us here in
San Francisco, there is a poll that Sue started:
http://doodle.com/hnivrcvz3t5sf2gf#table

Talk to you on Friday!

--
Steven Walling
https://wikimediafoundation.org/

sgardner at wikimedia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] IRC office hours with Sue Gardner, 5/11 at 17:00 UTC [In reply to]

On 7 May 2012 11:19, Steven Walling <swalling [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> As usual, docs are on Meta at:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours. Also note that if you
> have a preference for a better time than morning work hours for us here in
> San Francisco, there is a poll that Sue started:
> http://doodle.com/hnivrcvz3t5sf2gf#table

So far, by the way, the most-chosen option is Saturdays, 5-7PM UTC.
Which may just mean we need more participants living in eastern Asia
:-)

Thanks,
Sue

craig at halo-17

Re: [Wikimedia-l] IRC office hours with Sue Gardner, 5/11 at 17:00 UTC [In reply to]

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 20:08:44 -0700
> From: Sue Gardner <sgardner [at] wikimedia>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] IRC office hours with Sue Gardner,   5/11 at
>        17:00 UTC
>
> On 7 May 2012 11:19, Steven Walling <swalling [at] wikimedia> wrote:
>> As usual, docs are on Meta at:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours. Also note that if you
>> have a preference for a better time than morning work hours for us here in
>> San Francisco, there is a poll that Sue started:
>> http://doodle.com/hnivrcvz3t5sf2gf#table
>

> So far, by the way, the most-chosen option is Saturdays, 5-7PM UTC.
> Which may just mean we need more participants living in eastern Asia
> :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Sue

I think this is most likely a chicken-and-egg thing. Have more
sessions that aren't in the middle of the night in these timezones
(which, by the way, cover more than East Asia), and you'll find more
participants from those places. But to do that, they have to sign up,
which they don't, because these sessions are usually at horribly
inconvenient times for all of us, which could be fixed by having it in
the early evening, which won't happen unless people sign up, which
won't happen unless people don't think it's a US & EU thing, which
won't happen unless...

*sigh*

Cheers,
Craig

(who is aware that occasionally a session that's somewhat handy for
Australia or Asia has been held, but would like to see a lot more of
them so that people in this part of the world don't continue to be
left out and overlooked)