[Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] [Commons-POTY-l] 10th anniversary of Wikimedia Commons

to.aru.shiroi.neko at gmail

[Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] [Commons-POTY-l] 10th anniversary of Wikimedia Commons

Commons will be celebrating its 10th anniversary on 7 September 2014 and I
feel this warrants a special occasion. We have about 1.5 years to prepare
if we are going to plan on something.

We already have POTY as an annual event so perhaps a "decade" event could
be something interesting to consider.

-- とある白い猫 (To Aru Shiroi Neko)

polimerek at gmail

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] [Commons-POTY-l] 10th anniversary of Wikimedia Commons [In reply to]

2012/4/17 $B$H$"$kGr$$G-(B <to.aru.shiroi.neko [at] gmail>:
> Commons will be celebrating its 10th anniversary on 7 September 2014 and I
> feel this warrants a special occasion. We have about 1.5 years to prepare
> if we are going to plan on something.
>
> We already have POTY as an annual event so perhaps a "decade" event could
> be something interesting to consider.

Sure.. We have moving POTY gallery in Poland:

http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wystawa_fotografii_POTY

16 POTY pictures printed in A1 scale travels around Poland. Maybe we
could make on September a series of such gallery openings all over the
world? The cost of making such a gallery is not so big - just print
POTY pictures and then try to find a place to show it at any
university entrance, library entrance or art gallery in your city...
In Poland the cost for us was around 250 USD for printing A1 size
pictures + around 500 USD for printing leafleats and cost of
transfering the gallery from one city to another. Except promotion of
Wikimedia Commons - such a gallery is a good occasion to organise a
small meeting of local Wiki(m)(p)ednians interested in photography...

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/

to.aru.shiroi.neko at gmail

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] [Commons-POTY-l] 10th anniversary of Wikimedia Commons [In reply to]

It could very well be escalated to something like the monument campaign
from last year.

-- とある白い猫 (To Aru Shiroi Neko)

2012/4/18 Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek [at] gmail>

> 2012/4/17 とある白い猫 <to.aru.shiroi.neko [at] gmail>:
> > Commons will be celebrating its 10th anniversary on 7 September 2014 and
> > feel this warrants a special occasion. We have about 1.5 years to prepare
> > if we are going to plan on something.
> >
> > We already have POTY as an annual event so perhaps a "decade" event could
> > be something interesting to consider.
> >

> Sure.. We have moving POTY gallery in Poland:
>
> http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wystawa_fotografii_POTY
>
> 16 POTY pictures printed in A1 scale travels around Poland. Maybe we
> could make on September a series of such gallery openings all over the
> world? The cost of making such a gallery is not so big - just print
> POTY pictures and then try to find a place to show it at any
> university entrance, library entrance or art gallery in your city...
> In Poland the cost for us was around 250 USD for printing A1 size
> pictures + around 500 USD for printing leafleats and cost of
> transfering the gallery from one city to another. Except promotion of
> Wikimedia Commons - such a gallery is a good occasion to organise a
> small meeting of local Wiki(m)(p)ednians interested in photography...
>

> --
> Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
> http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Polimerek
> http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/
> http://www.cbmm.lodz.pl/work.php?id=29&title=tomasz-ganicz

keegan.wiki at gmail

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] [Commons-POTY-l] 10th anniversary of Wikimedia Commons [In reply to]

Now that Wikimedia-l is in the loop, can we shift the focus of discussion
back to commons lists and not cc wm-l?
--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan

to.aru.shiroi.neko at gmail

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] [Commons-POTY-l] 10th anniversary of Wikimedia Commons [In reply to]

The voting could be carried out with the global event. Vote eligibility
could be participating in the events for example.

Of course not every country will have an event so not sure if this approach
is a good one.

-- とある白い猫 (To Aru Shiroi Neko)

2012/4/18 Tadija Mileti? <atnimnjin [at] hotmail>

> Hmm, and maybe something where we can invite more people to Wikipedia?
> Billboards with :
>
> Join decade of knowledge. Participate! Write new article!
>
> Or something similar. I am also against POT-DEC, poor thing for big global
> event such as this.
>
> --WhiteWriter

mateusfnobre at gmail

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] [Commons-POTY-l] 10th anniversary of Wikimedia Commons [In reply to]

Hahaha, right in the Brazilian independence day ;P

I am thinking in something really big.
Something like ''Wikimedia Commons, showing the world with free media''.

And, the best Common's images of all times, in a global scope (like, each
one of every nice place of our planet).

Good luck. {{support}}

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] [Commons-POTY-l] 10th anniversary of Wikimedia Commons [In reply to]

So we will have a full-scale military parade celebrating commons in Brazil?
Nice!

-- とある白い猫 (To Aru Shiroi Neko)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] [Commons-POTY-l] 10th anniversary of Wikimedia Commons [In reply to]

With all the rifles and stuff! :P