[Wikimedia-l] FDC Advisory Group selection complete

bnewstead at wikimedia

[Wikimedia-l] FDC Advisory Group selection complete

Hi -

Per earlier communications, we have selected the Advisory Group to support the design process for the Funds Dissemination Committee in accordance with the formation process we laid out on Meta.[1]

The FDC Advisory Group role and the names of the members can be found on Meta.[2]

Thanks to all who were nominated for the Group and we hope that everyone will contribute to the process.

Please do "watch" the Funds Dissemination Committee pages and contribute to the design process.[3]

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee/FDC_Advisory_Group/Formation
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee/FDC_Advisory_Group
[3] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee

Thanks,
Barry

--
Barry Newstead
Chief Global Development Officer

michael.peel at wikimedia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] FDC Advisory Group selection complete [In reply to]

Hi Barry,

It's great to see this moving forward, and for there to be an Advisory Group established to facilitate this process.

However, I'm concerned that the process of appointing this Advisory Group is not particularly transparent. It's unclear as to why these members were selected rather than the others that were nominated, particularly given the fairly generic criteria that were (somewhat arbitrarily) set out by the WMF. Given that this committee is intended to advise the dissemination of funds for the movement at large, it would be good if this could be expanded upon in public rather than kept confidential within the WMF.

(I'm copying this query to http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Funds_Dissemination_Committee/FDC_Advisory_Group - please also respond there.)

Thanks,
Mike

On 23 Apr 2012, at 20:04, Barry Newstead (WMF) wrote:

> Hi -
>
> Per earlier communications, we have selected the Advisory Group to support the design process for the Funds Dissemination Committee in accordance with the formation process we laid out on Meta.[1]
>
> The FDC Advisory Group role and the names of the members can be found on Meta.[2]
>
> Thanks to all who were nominated for the Group and we hope that everyone will contribute to the process.
>
> Please do "watch" the Funds Dissemination Committee pages and contribute to the design process.[3]
>
> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee/FDC_Advisory_Group/Formation
> [2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee/FDC_Advisory_Group
> [3] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee
>

> Thanks,
> Barry
>
> --
> Barry Newstead
> Chief Global Development Officer
> Wikimedia Foundation

michael.peel at wikimedia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] FDC Advisory Group selection complete [In reply to]

Many thanks (and much kudos to) Barry for responding in detail to my question on-wiki at: