Volunteers Wanted: Funds Dissemination Process Advisory Group

bnewstead at wikimedia

Volunteers Wanted: Funds Dissemination Process Advisory Group

Dear all,

Following up on the Wikimedia Foundation's Board resolution on Funds
Dissemination[1], we are launching work on the design of the Funds
Dissemination Committee[2] To help in the design and implementation work
ahead, we are creating an Advisory Group which will begin work very soon.

Information on the nomination process for the formation of the Advisory
Group is available on meta [3] and we would encourage interested candidates
who meet the criteria to consider applying. Please also pass this
information on to people in the wider community.

[1]
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Funds_Dissemination_Committee
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee
[3]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee/FDC_Advisory_Group/Formation<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee/FDC_Advisory_Group>

Best,
Barry

--
Barry Newstead
Chief Global Development Officer

the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

thomas.dalton at gmail

Re: Volunteers Wanted: Funds Dissemination Process Advisory Group [In reply to]

Can you explain why we need this proposed process? The decision has
been made to form a committee to make recommendations to the WMF board
about funds dissemination. The only decision still to be made, as far
as I can see, is who should be on the committee.

What questions do you want to answer with this long, time consuming
and expensive process?