Call for POTY Helpers and Translators

monomium at gmail

Call for POTY Helpers and Translators

Hello Wikimedians,

On behalf of the 2011 POTY committee, I'd like to invite you to join the
Commons Picture of the Year (POTY) Committee. A volunteer-led contest,
Picture of the Year is run by an organizing committee of Wikimedians. Since
its inception in 2006, thousands of photos from people all over the world
have been selected as Featured Pictures, and all of them are free for
anyone in the world to reuse, remix and share. POTY is one of Wikimedia's
most prominent events.

The committee currently has several dedicated members, but we're looking
for some more help. Last year, the committee counted 2,463 votes from
Wikimedians! There are lots of ways to help out, including helping set up
contest pages, posting messages in relevant locations, *translating
interface messages,* assisting voters, and counting votes. We want to make
POTY 2011 accessible to as many people as possible, so translating pages is
a priority.

We're looking for a handful of experienced and dedicated users. Together,
we'll be able to run one of the most successful POTY contests ever. If
you're interested in helping out, *please fill out this
form<http://pictureoftheyear.wufoo.com/forms/picture-of-the-year-2011-committee/>
* and we'll get in touch with you. You can also keep up with the POTY 2011
contest on Twitter <http://twitter.com/commonsPOTY>, in the #poty2011 IRC
channel on Freenode<http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=poty2011&uio=MTE9MTMz98>,
or by visiting the POTY page on the Wikimedia
Commons<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/COM:POTY/2011>.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Thank you for your consideration,

User:Mono
Coordinator
POTY 2011

amir.aharoni at mail

Re: Call for POTY Helpers and Translators [In reply to]

Will you use the Translate extension for translations or will you just ask
the translators to do it old-style? Please consider the extension - it's
far more convenient for the translators and for the managers. It's already
installed in Meta.
06.04.2012 6:42 пользователь "Mono" <monomium [at] gmail> написал:

> Hello Wikimedians,
>
> On behalf of the 2011 POTY committee, I'd like to invite you to join the
> Commons Picture of the Year (POTY) Committee. A volunteer-led contest,
> Picture of the Year is run by an organizing committee of Wikimedians. Since
> its inception in 2006, thousands of photos from people all over the world
> have been selected as Featured Pictures, and all of them are free for
> anyone in the world to reuse, remix and share. POTY is one of Wikimedia's
> most prominent events.
>
> The committee currently has several dedicated members, but we're looking
> for some more help. Last year, the committee counted 2,463 votes from
> Wikimedians! There are lots of ways to help out, including helping set up
> contest pages, posting messages in relevant locations, *translating
> interface messages,* assisting voters, and counting votes. We want to make
> POTY 2011 accessible to as many people as possible, so translating pages is
> a priority.
>
> We're looking for a handful of experienced and dedicated users. Together,
> we'll be able to run one of the most successful POTY contests ever. If
> you're interested in helping out, *please fill out this
> form<
> http://pictureoftheyear.wufoo.com/forms/picture-of-the-year-2011-committee/
> >
> * and we'll get in touch with you. You can also keep up with the POTY 2011
> contest on Twitter <http://twitter.com/commonsPOTY>, in the #poty2011 IRC
> channel on Freenode<
> http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=poty2011&uio=MTE9MTMz98>,
> or by visiting the POTY page on the Wikimedia
> Commons<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/COM:POTY/2011>.
> If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
>
> Thank you for your consideration,
>
> User:Mono
> Coordinator
> POTY 2011

thehelpfulonewiki at gmail

Re: Call for POTY Helpers and Translators [In reply to]

On 7 April 2012 22:00, Amir E. Aharoni <amir.aharoni [at] mail> wrote:

> Will you use the Translate extension for translations or will you just ask
> the translators to do it old-style? Please consider the extension - it's
> far more convenient for the translators and for the managers. It's already
> installed in Meta.

I'm fairly experienced with the translate extension so I would be happy to
use it, although I was skeptical at first when I was using it for the
Steward Elections (which was mainly a copy/paste job from last year with a
few dates changing), for all new translations that need to take place, I
think the translation extension is going to be the most convenient for all
(other than perhaps for Central Notice, where the current system still
works relatively well).
--
Thehelpfulone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone