FAQ for fundraising resolutions

phoebe.wiki at gmail

FAQ for fundraising resolutions

Hi all,

The Board has published a Q&A document around the recently published
fundraising & funds dissemination resolutions.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_and_Funds_Dissemination/Board_FAQ

It's quite long -- sorry! -- but hopefully informative. Note that we
did this as everyone was traveling and, in the interests of time,
didn't put it up for a final vote -- so not every trustee may agree
with every word, and we reserve the right to edit :)

The first section of the FAQ, "overview", focuses on board process for
coming to a decision and a summary of the decisions; the next two
sections focus on specific questions about the resolutions' content
regarding fundraising & funds dissemination plans. Some of the
questions we were asked this past weekend already, and some of them we
are anticipating might be asked.

If you've got more questions, please put them on the talk page; if you
want to discuss the resolutions themselves, there's a talk page on
meta:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fundraising_and_Funds_Dissemination/Final_Board_resolutions

all best,
phoebe

<at> gmail.com *

thomas.dalton at gmail

Re: FAQ for fundraising resolutions [In reply to]

Thanks for posting this, Phoebe. My question about what you intend to
do over the next 3 years wasn't answered. There is no point waiting
three years and then re-evaluating the situation if you haven't made
sure you've been gathering all the right information during those 3
years and that you are clear on what the questions you are actually
trying to answer are. As a movement, we have a very poor record of
following through on our trials with proper evaluations and that is
because we never actually plan them out at the start. It is really
important that we don't make that mistake again here.

On 5 April 2012 18:35, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Board has published a Q&A document around the recently published
> fundraising & funds dissemination resolutions.
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_and_Funds_Dissemination/Board_FAQ
>
> It's quite long -- sorry! -- but hopefully informative. Note that we
> did this as everyone was traveling and, in the interests of time,
> didn't put it up for a final vote -- so not every trustee may agree
> with every word, and we reserve the right to edit :)
>
> The first section of the FAQ, "overview", focuses on board process for
> coming to a decision and a summary of the decisions; the next two
> sections focus on specific questions about the resolutions' content
> regarding fundraising & funds dissemination plans. Some of the
> questions we were asked this past weekend already, and some of them we
> are anticipating might be asked.
>
> If you've got more questions, please put them on the talk page; if you
> want to discuss the resolutions themselves, there's a talk page on
> meta:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fundraising_and_Funds_Dissemination/Final_Board_resolutions
>
> all best,
> phoebe
>
> --
> * I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers
> <at> gmail.com *

phoebe.wiki at gmail

Re: FAQ for fundraising resolutions [In reply to]

Thanks, Tom. If you don't mind I'll put it on the talk page; this will
likely require some discussion to answer.
-- phoebe

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton [at] gmail> wrote:
> Thanks for posting this, Phoebe. My question about what you intend to
> do over the next 3 years wasn't answered. There is no point waiting
> three years and then re-evaluating the situation if you haven't made
> sure you've been gathering all the right information during those 3
> years and that you are clear on what the questions you are actually
> trying to answer are. As a movement, we have a very poor record of
> following through on our trials with proper evaluations and that is
> because we never actually plan them out at the start. It is really
> important that we don't make that mistake again here.
>
> On 5 April 2012 18:35, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The Board has published a Q&A document around the recently published
>> fundraising & funds dissemination resolutions.
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_and_Funds_Dissemination/Board_FAQ
>>
>> It's quite long -- sorry! -- but hopefully informative. Note that we
>> did this as everyone was traveling and, in the interests of time,
>> didn't put it up for a final vote -- so not every trustee may agree
>> with every word, and we reserve the right to edit :)
>>
>> The first section of the FAQ, "overview", focuses on board process for
>> coming to a decision and a summary of the decisions; the next two
>> sections focus on specific questions about the resolutions' content
>> regarding fundraising & funds dissemination plans. Some of the
>> questions we were asked this past weekend already, and some of them we
>> are anticipating might be asked.
>>
>> If you've got more questions, please put them on the talk page; if you
>> want to discuss the resolutions themselves, there's a talk page on
>> meta:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fundraising_and_Funds_Dissemination/Final_Board_resolutions
>>
>> all best,
>> phoebe
>>
>> --
>> * I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers
>> <at> gmail.com *

<at> gmail.com *

thomas.dalton at gmail

Re: FAQ for fundraising resolutions [In reply to]

On 5 April 2012 19:14, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki [at] gmail> wrote:
> Thanks, Tom. If you don't mind I'll put it on the talk page; this will
> likely require some discussion to answer.

By all means.

michael.peel at wikimedia

Re: FAQ for fundraising resolutions [In reply to]

Hi Phoebe,

Thanks for posting this. I've asked a question (OK, three related questions) at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fundraising_and_Funds_Dissemination/Board_FAQ#Why_just_the_four_chapters.3F

Thanks,
Mike