Fwd: Announcing Noopur Raval as Consultant, Wikimedia Foundation (India Program, Communications)

hisham at wikimedia

Mar 5, 2012, 7:13 AM

Fwd: Announcing Noopur Raval as Consultant, Wikimedia Foundation (India Program, Communications)

cross-posting; apologies if you have already read this from another list.

hisham

Begin forwarded message:

> [...]
>
> Noopur is a community member and has supported outreach activities (in Ahmedabad & Delhi), is a member of Delhi SIG of the Chapter, has participated in community collaborations like Collaboration of the Month and has been actively trying to start GLAM in India.
>
> Noopur is from Gandhinagar and is graduating from JNU with a Master's in Arts & Aesthetics. She has a triple honors Bachelor's in Media Studies, Literature and Psychology from Christ College, Bangalore. She has interned with Radio Mirchi, Times of India and the Centre for Internet & Society (amongst others) - as well as done some teaching assignments. She is an active blogger (including for the India Art Summit, 2011.) She has published a novella and co-authored an anthology of poems, plays & short stories and has co-presented a paper on "Wikiwars" with [User:Srikeit.] She is also an amateur photographer and has contributed to Commons as well as other platforms.
>
> The Communications position has taken a long time to fill. The initial call for selection was in September. I reported back to the community in December that I had failed to find the right candidate and hence the delay. There were a number of deserving candidates and this selection has taken time because of the need to find the most suitable profile for a complex role. This role requires the right mix of an academic foundation in communications, domain expertise as well as adequate familiarity with our community. It also requires adaptability and strong learning skills - because so much of what we are trying to do is pioneering. I am confident that she brings the right level of experience and competencies - and I'm very excited by the opportunity of making a step jump in the impact of communications for our community.
>
> Do join me in welcoming Noopur. She will start on March 12 and will be based in New Delhi.

liamwyatt at gmail

Mar 5, 2012, 7:16 PM

Re: Fwd: Announcing Noopur Raval as Consultant, Wikimedia Foundation (India Program, Communications) [In reply to]

Congratulations Noopur!
Your work with GLAM in India over the last year has been fantastic, so I
can only expect you'll be doing great things in this new role too :-) I'm
looking forward to seeing the results of what you'll be doing.

-Liam

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata