tinucherian at wikimedia
Feb 23, 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #1 of 1
Announcing live search for the Wikimedia projects
Greetings from Wikimedia India !!!
We are proud to announce live search for the Wikimedia projects
The site was developed by Shrey Gokani under guidance of Wikimedia India
We want to thank Shrey Gokani for volunteering to do this project and
making this a reality.
We also want to thank Santhosh Thottingal and Junaid P V for the
contributions to this project.
Special thanks to Naveen Francis for leading this initiative.
How to use ?
* Select your Wikimedia Project, say “Wikipedia”
* Select language of the project to search, say “English”
* Input your search string in the Search: Box
* The site auto displays possible pages based on the string match.
* The site is also integrated with Narayam to support Indic language
search. So select the corresponding input method ( if available) while
searching on a Indic Project.
This is still a beta version and further improvements are needed.
As of now, it supports only English and Indic Language projects.
For further queries, reporting bugs and suggestions, please contact us :-
socialmedia [at] wikimedia
foundation-l mailing list
foundation-l [at] lists