Polish Wikimania scholarship program

polimerek at gmail

Feb 16, 2012, 3:29 PM

Polish Wikimania scholarship program

Hi,

Wikimedia Polska (Poland) has just launched its own scholarships
programme for Wikimedians willing to attend Wikimania 2012 in
Washington, D.C. This year, apart from up to 10 scholarships for
Wikimedians from Poland, we are also going to grant up to 6
scholarships for Wikimedians from other countries. Only countries
which have lower national income per capita than Poland (according to
World Bank 2010 stats) are eligible. We are particularly willing to
reach out to the Wikimedians from the former USSR countries (except
Estonia, which doesn't meet the income criteria) and from the Balkans
(except Greece and Slovenia, for the same reason). The scholarship
covers travel and accommodation expenses, as well as conference fee.

More details are available here: http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2012/en

The closing date for applications is March 9.

Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/

mateus.nobre at live

Feb 16, 2012, 3:32 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

Don't you accept a brazilian from these hot lands of South America? hahahah ;p

Greetings,

_____________________
MateusNobre
MetalBrasil on Wikimedia projects
(+55) 85 88393509
30440865

> Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:29:17 +0100
> From: polimerek [at] gmail
> To: foundation-l [at] lists
> Subject: [Foundation-l] Polish Wikimania scholarship program
>
> Hi,
>
> Wikimedia Polska (Poland) has just launched its own scholarships
> programme for Wikimedians willing to attend Wikimania 2012 in
> Washington, D.C. This year, apart from up to 10 scholarships for
> Wikimedians from Poland, we are also going to grant up to 6
> scholarships for Wikimedians from other countries. Only countries
> which have lower national income per capita than Poland (according to
> World Bank 2010 stats) are eligible. We are particularly willing to
> reach out to the Wikimedians from the former USSR countries (except
> Estonia, which doesn't meet the income criteria) and from the Balkans
> (except Greece and Slovenia, for the same reason). The scholarship
> covers travel and accommodation expenses, as well as conference fee.
>
> More details are available here: http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2012/en
>
> The closing date for applications is March 9.
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
> http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Polimerek
> http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/
> http://www.cbmm.lodz.pl/work.php?id=29&title=tomasz-ganicz

berialima at gmail

Feb 16, 2012, 3:33 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

You joking right? Our economy is better than UK one (or so they say), I
don't even want to compare with Polish one :D
_____
*Béria Lima*

*Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*

On 16 February 2012 21:32, Mateus Nobre <mateus.nobre [at] live> wrote:

> Don't you accept a brazilian from these hot lands of South America?
> hahahah ;p
>
> Greetings,
>
> _____________________
> MateusNobre
> MetalBrasil on Wikimedia projects
> (+55) 85 88393509
> 30440865
>

> > Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:29:17 +0100
> > From: polimerek [at] gmail
> > To: foundation-l [at] lists
> > Subject: [Foundation-l] Polish Wikimania scholarship program
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Wikimedia Polska (Poland) has just launched its own scholarships
> > programme for Wikimedians willing to attend Wikimania 2012 in
> > Washington, D.C. This year, apart from up to 10 scholarships for
> > Wikimedians from Poland, we are also going to grant up to 6
> > scholarships for Wikimedians from other countries. Only countries
> > which have lower national income per capita than Poland (according to
> > World Bank 2010 stats) are eligible. We are particularly willing to
> > reach out to the Wikimedians from the former USSR countries (except
> > Estonia, which doesn't meet the income criteria) and from the Balkans
> > (except Greece and Slovenia, for the same reason). The scholarship
> > covers travel and accommodation expenses, as well as conference fee.
> >
> > More details are available here:
> http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2012/en
> >
> > The closing date for applications is March 9.
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> > --
> > Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
> > http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Polimerek
> > http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/
> > http://www.cbmm.lodz.pl/work.php?id=29&title=tomasz-ganicz

mateus.nobre at live

Feb 16, 2012, 3:35 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

They're talking about per capita, which is like two hundred dollars below the polish one.

Ai ai, Beria :P

_____________________

Feb 16, 2012, 3:41 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

You mean 3 thousand right?

Brazil: 9,390
Poland: 12,440

Source: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GNP.PCAP.CD
_____
*Béria Lima*
<http://wikimedia.pt/>(351) 925 171 484

On 16 February 2012 21:35, Mateus Nobre <mateus.nobre [at] live> wrote:

> They're talking about per capita, which is like two hundred dollars below
> the polish one.
>
> Ai ai, Beria :P
>
> _____________________
> MateusNobre
> MetalBrasil on Wikimedia projects
> (+55) 85 88393509
> 30440865
>

> > From: berialima [at] gmail
> > Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:33:47 -0200
> > To: foundation-l [at] lists
> > Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Polish Wikimania scholarship program
> >
> > You joking right? Our economy is better than UK one (or so they say), I
> > don't even want to compare with Polish one :D
> > _____
> > *Béria Lima*
> >
> > *Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
> > livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
> > construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*
> >

> > On 16 February 2012 21:32, Mateus Nobre <mateus.nobre [at] live> wrote:
> >

> > > Don't you accept a brazilian from these hot lands of South America?
> > > hahahah ;p
> > >
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > _____________________
> > > MateusNobre
> > > MetalBrasil on Wikimedia projects
> > > (+55) 85 88393509
> > > 30440865

> > > http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2012/en

russavia.wikipedia at gmail

Feb 16, 2012, 3:42 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

Hi Tomasz

It also wouldn't include Russia by the looks of it, given that
Russians are apparently 4 bottles of vodka a year richer than Poles ;)

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wikimedia Polska (Poland) has just launched its own scholarships
> programme for Wikimedians willing to attend Wikimania 2012 in
> Washington, D.C. This year, apart from up to 10 scholarships for
> Wikimedians from Poland, we are also going to grant up to 6
> scholarships for Wikimedians from other countries. Only countries
> which have lower national income per capita than Poland (according to
> World Bank 2010 stats) are eligible. We are particularly willing to
> reach out to the Wikimedians from the former USSR countries (except
> Estonia, which doesn't meet the income criteria) and from the Balkans
> (except Greece and Slovenia, for the same reason). The scholarship
> covers travel and accommodation expenses, as well as conference fee.
>
> More details are available here: http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2012/en
>
> The closing date for applications is March 9.
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
> http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Polimerek
> http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/
> http://www.cbmm.lodz.pl/work.php?id=29&title=tomasz-ganicz

mateus.nobre at live

Feb 16, 2012, 3:44 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

Close enough, Beria. Everyone already saw. haha :P

_____________________

Feb 16, 2012, 3:45 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

Actually I believe the Poles stole your vodka, Russavia, because yor GNI
per capita is only 9,900 :P
_____

On 16 February 2012 21:42, Russavia <russavia.wikipedia [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi Tomasz
>
> It also wouldn't include Russia by the looks of it, given that
> Russians are apparently 4 bottles of vodka a year richer than Poles ;)
>

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Wikimedia Polska (Poland) has just launched its own scholarships
> > programme for Wikimedians willing to attend Wikimania 2012 in
> > Washington, D.C. This year, apart from up to 10 scholarships for
> > Wikimedians from Poland, we are also going to grant up to 6
> > scholarships for Wikimedians from other countries. Only countries
> > which have lower national income per capita than Poland (according to
> > World Bank 2010 stats) are eligible. We are particularly willing to
> > reach out to the Wikimedians from the former USSR countries (except
> > Estonia, which doesn't meet the income criteria) and from the Balkans
> > (except Greece and Slovenia, for the same reason). The scholarship
> > covers travel and accommodation expenses, as well as conference fee.
> >
> > More details are available here:
> http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2012/en
> >
> > The closing date for applications is March 9.
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> > --
> > Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
> > http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Polimerek
> > http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/
> > http://www.cbmm.lodz.pl/work.php?id=29&title=tomasz-ganicz

russavia.wikipedia at gmail

Feb 16, 2012, 3:54 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

Beria, there are two lessons to be learnt here.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita
-- Wikipedia is obviously not to be used as a reliable source,
especially for facetious comments.
2) Re: vodka - http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429547_2604401508972_1222894747_32310964_1084040106_n.jpg

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Béria Lima <berialima [at] gmail> wrote:
> Actually I believe the Poles stole your vodka, Russavia, because yor GNI
> per capita is only 9,900  :P
> _____
> *Béria Lima*
>  <http://wikimedia.pt/>(351) 925 171 484
>
> *Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
> livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
> construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*
>

> On 16 February 2012 21:42, Russavia <russavia.wikipedia [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tomasz
>>
>> It also wouldn't include Russia by the looks of it, given that
>> Russians are apparently 4 bottles of vodka a year richer than Poles ;)
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek [at] gmail>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Wikimedia Polska (Poland) has just launched its own scholarships
>> > programme for Wikimedians willing to attend Wikimania 2012 in
>> > Washington, D.C. This year, apart from up to 10 scholarships for
>> > Wikimedians from Poland, we are also going to grant up to 6
>> > scholarships for Wikimedians from other countries. Only countries
>> > which have lower national income per capita than Poland (according to
>> > World Bank 2010 stats) are eligible. We are particularly willing to
>> > reach out to the Wikimedians from the former USSR countries (except
>> > Estonia, which doesn't meet the income criteria) and from the Balkans
>> > (except Greece and Slovenia, for the same reason). The scholarship
>> > covers travel and accommodation expenses, as well as conference fee.
>> >
>> > More details are available here:
>> http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2012/en
>> >
>> > The closing date for applications is March 9.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >

>> > --
>> > Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
>> > http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Polimerek
>> > http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/
>> > http://www.cbmm.lodz.pl/work.php?id=29&title=tomasz-ganicz

berialima at gmail

Feb 16, 2012, 3:59 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

Bah, Wikipedia is the best thing in the world, the problem in this case is
between the chair and the screen ;)

You looking at the wrong place, the right one is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GNI_%28nominal,_Atlas_method%29_per_capita

And regarding Vodka, the only lesson is: Beware the Finns! ;D
_____

On 16 February 2012 21:54, Russavia <russavia.wikipedia [at] gmail> wrote:

> Beria, there are two lessons to be learnt here.
>
> 1)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita
> -- Wikipedia is obviously not to be used as a reliable source,
> especially for facetious comments.
> 2) Re: vodka -
> http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429547_2604401508972_1222894747_32310964_1084040106_n.jpg
>

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Béria Lima <berialima [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Actually I believe the Poles stole your vodka, Russavia, because yor GNI
> > per capita is only 9,900 :P
> > _____
> > *Béria Lima*
> > <http://wikimedia.pt/>(351) 925 171 484
> >
> > *Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
> > livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
> > construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*
> >

> > On 16 February 2012 21:42, Russavia <russavia.wikipedia [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Tomasz
> >>
> >> It also wouldn't include Russia by the looks of it, given that
> >> Russians are apparently 4 bottles of vodka a year richer than Poles ;)

> >> http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2012/en

mateus.nobre at live

Feb 16, 2012, 4:00 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

I always thought mother Russia the really inventor of vodka :(

Hahaha, even the list of Wikimedia FOundation teach me new stuff! The next shot of Vodka I drink will be ''to Poland!''

Greetings from cachaça land,

_____________________

Feb 16, 2012, 4:35 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

Hi Brazilball

yes, indeed, you do learn new things every day on this list.

For example, this has just come to my attention....

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/190/348/1319406261001.png

My next flight, i'll thank good ol' USA ingenuity and foresight :)

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 8:00 AM, Mateus Nobre <mateus.nobre [at] live> wrote:

> I always thought mother Russia the really inventor of vodka :(
>
> Hahaha, even the list of Wikimedia FOundation teach me new stuff! The next shot of Vodka I drink will be ''to Poland!''
>
> Greetings from cachaça land,
>
> _____________________
> MateusNobre
> MetalBrasil on Wikimedia projects
> (+55) 85 88393509
>              30440865
>

>> From: russavia.wikipedia [at] gmail
>> Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 07:54:22 +0800
>> To: foundation-l [at] lists
>> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Polish Wikimania scholarship program
>>
>> Beria, there are two lessons to be learnt here.
>>
>> 1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita
>> -- Wikipedia is obviously not to be used as a reliable source,
>> especially for facetious comments.
>> 2) Re: vodka - http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429547_2604401508972_1222894747_32310964_1084040106_n.jpg
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Béria Lima <berialima [at] gmail> wrote:
>> > Actually I believe the Poles stole your vodka, Russavia, because yor GNI
>> > per capita is only 9,900  :P
>> > _____
>> > *Béria Lima*
>> >  <http://wikimedia.pt/>(351) 925 171 484
>> >
>> > *Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
>> > livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
>> > construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*

mateus.nobre at live

Feb 16, 2012, 4:39 PM

Re: Polish Wikimania scholarship program [In reply to]

This is sooooooooooo true, Russavia!

Santos Dumont FTW, national hero.

p.s.: Nice gags, BTW :p