Announcement: Maggie Dennis to continue with WMF

philippe at wikimedia

Jan 20, 2012, 11:55 AM

Announcement: Maggie Dennis to continue with WMF

Hi all,

I'm thrilled to announce that Maggie Dennis, our community liaison, has
agreed to transition to a permanent role with the Wikimedia Foundation.

You may recall that Maggie was hired on a temporary contract, with the idea
of rotating through community liaisons. We still intend to hire another
community liaison - in fact, her work has proven the value of the program
to such an extent that we'll be expanding it - but Maggie will stay on to
provide continuity.

Maggie has been a godsend to me... she's a fount of knowledge, and
incredibly hard working. Most importantly, she is able to fluently speak
"Philippe" and translate that to "real-people talk". As
User:Moonriddengirl, she is the maven of copyright for English Wikipedia,
and has well over 100,000 edits. In short, she's a rock star.

Maggie will continue to report to me.

Best,
pb

___________________
Philippe Beaudette
Head of Reader Relations
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

415-839-6885, x 6643

philippe [at] wikimedia

okeyes at wikimedia

Jan 20, 2012, 12:03 PM

Re: Announcement: Maggie Dennis to continue with WMF [In reply to]

+1 to all of that. Maggie is a rock, and always keeps me pointing in the
right direction; since I started contracting for the WMF, she's probably
the person I've relied on the most for advice. She's smart, she's good with
people, and she constantly makes me feel bad about "only" working 10 hour
days. Glad to know I can keep picking her brain in the future ;)

On 20 January 2012 19:55, Philippe Beaudette <philippe [at] wikimedia> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm thrilled to announce that Maggie Dennis, our community liaison, has
> agreed to transition to a permanent role with the Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> You may recall that Maggie was hired on a temporary contract, with the idea
> of rotating through community liaisons. We still intend to hire another
> community liaison - in fact, her work has proven the value of the program
> to such an extent that we'll be expanding it - but Maggie will stay on to
> provide continuity.
>
> Maggie has been a godsend to me... she's a fount of knowledge, and
> incredibly hard working. Most importantly, she is able to fluently speak
> "Philippe" and translate that to "real-people talk". As
> User:Moonriddengirl, she is the maven of copyright for English Wikipedia,
> and has well over 100,000 edits. In short, she's a rock star.
>
> Maggie will continue to report to me.
>
> Best,
> pb
>
> ___________________
> Philippe Beaudette
> Head of Reader Relations
> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
>
> 415-839-6885, x 6643
>
> philippe [at] wikimedia

Oliver Keyes
Community Liaison, Product Development
Wikimedia Foundation

jdforrester at gmail

Jan 20, 2012, 1:08 PM

Re: Announcement: Maggie Dennis to continue with WMF [In reply to]

On 20 January 2012 19:55, Philippe Beaudette <philippe [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm thrilled to announce that Maggie Dennis, our community liaison, has
> agreed to transition to a permanent role with the Wikimedia Foundation.

Fab news. Congratulations, Maggie (or, rather, congratulations, WMF!).

J.
--
James D. Forrester
jdforrester [at] wikimedia | jdforrester [at] gmail

ft2.wiki at gmail

Jan 20, 2012, 1:17 PM

Re: Announcement: Maggie Dennis to continue with WMF [In reply to]

I said to her when temporarily hired that the Foundation could not have
chosen anyone better for the role :)

She is superb.

FT2

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Philippe Beaudette
<philippe [at] wikimedia>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm thrilled to announce that Maggie Dennis, our community liaison, has
> agreed to transition to a permanent role with the Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> You may recall that Maggie was hired on a temporary contract, with the idea
> of rotating through community liaisons. We still intend to hire another
> community liaison - in fact, her work has proven the value of the program
> to such an extent that we'll be expanding it - but Maggie will stay on to
> provide continuity.
>
> Maggie has been a godsend to me... she's a fount of knowledge, and
> incredibly hard working. Most importantly, she is able to fluently speak
> "Philippe" and translate that to "real-people talk". As
> User:Moonriddengirl, she is the maven of copyright for English Wikipedia,
> and has well over 100,000 edits. In short, she's a rock star.

kat at mindspillage

Jan 20, 2012, 1:45 PM

Re: Announcement: Maggie Dennis to continue with WMF [In reply to]

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Philippe Beaudette
<philippe [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm thrilled to announce that Maggie Dennis, our community liaison, has
> agreed to transition to a permanent role with the Wikimedia Foundation.

Congratulations, Maggie--you have been doing great work and I'm glad
that you're crazy enough to want to keep doing it!

-Kat

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia free: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate
Web: http://www.mindspillage.org Email: kat [at] wikimedia, kat [at] mindspillage

kim at bruning

Jan 20, 2012, 3:52 PM

Re: Announcement: Maggie Dennis to continue with WMF [In reply to]

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 11:55:40AM -0800, Philippe Beaudette wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm thrilled to announce that Maggie Dennis, our community liaison, has
> agreed to transition to a permanent role with the Wikimedia Foundation.

.oO(Who is Maggie Denn...)

> As
> User:Moonriddengirl

Oh! Duh. Yes. Definitely keep her around. O:-)

(Congratulations. Keep up the good work! :-)

sincerely,
Kim Bruning

janbart at wikimedia

Jan 21, 2012, 7:43 AM

Re: Announcement: Maggie Dennis to continue with WMF [In reply to]

Agreed and congrats!

Jan-Bart