Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete!

itzik at infra

Nov 29, 2011, 3:48 AM

Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete!

Hi,

*I happy to announce that all the videos from Wikimania 2011 in Haifa are
now available on our channel in YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/WikimediaIL
.*
Next week I will send a HDD with all the footage and the edited videos to
the WMF so they will have a copy for archive and so they can upload it to
commons also.

*Don't forget also to check our Flickr stream!:
http://www.flickr.com/WikimediaIL*

On the schedule you will find links to the videos:
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Also, on each submissions page there is a links to the video, slides and
Etherpad (if available). *For the presenter who didn't upload their slides
yet, please do so and update your submissions page.*

*** Bonus! - a video clip that we made after Wikimania to summarize the
(amazing!) beach party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1-MzHGA6fc ***

It was harder than we thought - to record 3 days, in 5 simulation
High-Definition cameras, and than edit, upload and tag them - really not an
easy thing. What we thought will take us few weeks, took about 2 months -
but I'm happy that we finish with that finally :)

I think now we've made this step, we finished our commitment to the
community and to the conference participants. I Hope everyone will enjoy
and will found our (hard) work useful. I personally going to find time to
watch some of lectures... (a tip for Wikimania organizers - don't plan to
attend session during the conference, you will fail :).

And some statistics:
We have about 2TB of footages, 135GB of edit videos, all of them are in HD.
During the confrtence we produce 3 summaries video clips (and one more
after that)
Until now the videos on our YouTube channel had been watched more than
16,000 times and our Flickr stream, who have 1,425 photos been seen more
than 83,000 times!

Thanks everyone for the great opportunity to have this conference in Haifa,
and good luck to the great guys in D.C next year!

Itzik
Wikimania 2011 local team
(probably the last time i'm going to use this title...)

wing.philopp at gmx

Nov 29, 2011, 4:31 AM

Re: Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete! [In reply to]

Thank you very much Itzik and the Haifa-Team

Greetings
Ting

On 29.11.2011 12:48, wrote Itzik Edri:
> Hi,
>
> *I happy to announce that all the videos from Wikimania 2011 in Haifa are
> now available on our channel in YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/WikimediaIL
> .*
> Next week I will send a HDD with all the footage and the edited videos to
> the WMF so they will have a copy for archive and so they can upload it to
> commons also.
>
> *Don't forget also to check our Flickr stream!:
> http://www.flickr.com/WikimediaIL*
>
> On the schedule you will find links to the videos:
> http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule
>
> Also, on each submissions page there is a links to the video, slides and
> Etherpad (if available). *For the presenter who didn't upload their slides
> yet, please do so and update your submissions page.*
>
> *** Bonus! - a video clip that we made after Wikimania to summarize the
> (amazing!) beach party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1-MzHGA6fc ***
>
> It was harder than we thought - to record 3 days, in 5 simulation
> High-Definition cameras, and than edit, upload and tag them - really not an
> easy thing. What we thought will take us few weeks, took about 2 months -
> but I'm happy that we finish with that finally :)
>
> I think now we've made this step, we finished our commitment to the
> community and to the conference participants. I Hope everyone will enjoy
> and will found our (hard) work useful. I personally going to find time to
> watch some of lectures... (a tip for Wikimania organizers - don't plan to
> attend session during the conference, you will fail :).
>
> And some statistics:
> We have about 2TB of footages, 135GB of edit videos, all of them are in HD.
> During the confrtence we produce 3 summaries video clips (and one more
> after that)
> Until now the videos on our YouTube channel had been watched more than
> 16,000 times and our Flickr stream, who have 1,425 photos been seen more
> than 83,000 times!
>

> Thanks everyone for the great opportunity to have this conference in Haifa,
> and good luck to the great guys in D.C next year!
>

> Itzik
> Wikimania 2011 local team
> (probably the last time i'm going to use this title...)

Ting

Ting's Blog: http://wingphilopp.blogspot.com/

odder.wiki at gmail

Nov 29, 2011, 5:32 AM

Re: Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete! [In reply to]

Itzik,
this is a phenomenal piece of news!

I've been recently responsible for uploading videos from a much smaller
conference (the 10th birthday of Polish Wikipedia) to YouTube and
Wikimedia Commons and I imagine how much work you had to put to make
this happen!

Thanks to your videos, this years' Wikimania has become a truly open
conference in which everybody can now participate (e.g. by watching the
videos & contacting appropriate people). You've set the standards really
high for the D.C. people and we can only hope they will be able to reach
them! :-)

Again, thanks for a wonderful job done, it's appreciated!

--
Tomasz Kozłowski | [[user:odder]]

phoebe.wiki at gmail

Nov 29, 2011, 7:08 AM

Re: Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete! [In reply to]

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:48 AM, Itzik Edri <itzik [at] infra> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> *I happy to announce that all the videos from Wikimania 2011 in Haifa are
> now available on our channel in YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/WikimediaIL
> .*
> Next week I will send a HDD with all the footage and the edited videos to
> the WMF so they will have a copy for archive and so they can upload it to
> commons also.
>
> *Don't forget also to check our Flickr stream!:
> http://www.flickr.com/WikimediaIL*
>
> On the schedule you will find links to the videos:
> http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Dear Itzik and the rest of the Wikimania 2011 team -- congratulations!
This is a huge achievement. You continue to set the bar high for
Wikimania. And thank you for continuing to work on the conference long
after it finished to get this done -- I know how hard that can be :)

thank you,
phoebe

mateus.nobre at live

Nov 29, 2011, 7:58 AM

Re: Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete! [In reply to]

hahaha, this last one is the only I appeared at all :P
The guy in pink with a white hat.

Btw, congratulations! Loved the videos and the soundtracks, very good editions! And waiting for the next Wikimania to have videos as good as these ;p

_____________________
MateusNobre
Wikimedia Brasil - MetalBrasil on Wikimedia projects
(+55) 85 88393509
30440865

> Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 07:08:28 -0800
> From: phoebe.wiki [at] gmail
> To: foundation-l [at] lists
> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete!
>
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:48 AM, Itzik Edri <itzik [at] infra> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > *I happy to announce that all the videos from Wikimania 2011 in Haifa are
> > now available on our channel in YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/WikimediaIL
> > .*
> > Next week I will send a HDD with all the footage and the edited videos to
> > the WMF so they will have a copy for archive and so they can upload it to
> > commons also.
> >
> > *Don't forget also to check our Flickr stream!:
> > http://www.flickr.com/WikimediaIL*
> >
> > On the schedule you will find links to the videos:
> > http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule
>
> Dear Itzik and the rest of the Wikimania 2011 team -- congratulations!
> This is a huge achievement. You continue to set the bar high for
> Wikimania. And thank you for continuing to work on the conference long
> after it finished to get this done -- I know how hard that can be :)
>
> thank you,
> phoebe

kim at bruning

Nov 29, 2011, 3:04 PM

Re: Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete! [In reply to]

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 01:48:24PM +0200, Itzik Edri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> *I happy to announce that all the videos from Wikimania 2011 in Haifa are
> now available on our channel in YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/WikimediaIL
> .*

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emli8S2_trs
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c2Vb7CqTdc
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iDMLkC_pRg

O:-)

sincerely,
Kim Bruning

tobias.oelgarte at googlemail

Nov 29, 2011, 4:05 PM

Re: Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete! [In reply to]

Am 30.11.2011 00:04, schrieb Kim Bruning:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 01:48:24PM +0200, Itzik Edri wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> *I happy to announce that all the videos from Wikimania 2011 in Haifa are
>> now available on our channel in YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/WikimediaIL
>> .*
> * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emli8S2_trs
> * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c2Vb7CqTdc
> * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iDMLkC_pRg
>

> O:-)
>
> sincerely,
> Kim Bruning
That actually gave me a headache. But never mind.

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8bODUWy3Ks

:-P

nya~

kim at bruning

Nov 29, 2011, 5:00 PM

Re: Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete! [In reply to]

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 01:05:32AM +0100, Tobias Oelgarte wrote:
> Am 30.11.2011 00:04, schrieb Kim Bruning:
> > On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 01:48:24PM +0200, Itzik Edri wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> *I happy to announce that all the videos from Wikimania 2011 in Haifa are
> >> now available on our channel in YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/WikimediaIL
> >> .*
> > * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emli8S2_trs
> > * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c2Vb7CqTdc
> > * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iDMLkC_pRg
> >

> > O:-)
> >
> > sincerely,
> > Kim Bruning

I was thinking a long sequence of victories.

> That actually gave me a headache. But never mind.
>
> * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8bODUWy3Ks
>
> :-P

Revenge for the headache, I assume? :-P

sincerely,
Kim Bruning

emijrp at gmail

Dec 23, 2011, 5:52 AM

Re: Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete! [In reply to]

Those who want to download all the videos, can use this script[1] and run
this in a Unix console:

python youtube-dl -t -i -c http://www.youtube.com/user/WikimediaIL

[1] http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/